Stack
      SB:
      $4.74
      BB:
      $1.96
      Hero:
      $6.42

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, SB calls $0.14, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.48) 8:heart: , 9:diamond: , Q:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $0.80, BB folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.08) 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.08) 8:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.98, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.06

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows a straight, queen high (Th Jd)

SB wins with a straight, queen high (Th Jd)
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I think you play it ok. Without reads, folding to minraise is too weak imo.

You could perhaps consider a small bet on the turn when he checks - folding to checkraise. Cos then you can comfortably fold to a river donk too.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      I think you play it ok. Without reads, folding to minraise is too weak imo.

You could perhaps consider a small bet on the turn when he checks - folding to checkraise. Cos then you can comfortably fold to a river donk too.
      Looks good.

I don't mind folding TP2K to double check/raise from a seemingly passive guy, tho this is assuming there is value to be had on the turn, meaning that he is actually capable of showing up with worse Ax hands, since most of the other stuff he possibly check/raises except bluffs likely improved with that 7 turn coming in. If you don't think he can check/minraise Ax ever, there isn't really a point in betting that turn unless you think he can just spazz raise 9x or something for no reason.

Hope it helps.