$5,00
      MP2:
      $6,50
      CO:
      $2,00
      BU:
      $3,23

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , T:club: . CO posts a blind of $0,05.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,05, MP3 folds, CO checks, BU calls $0,05, SB calls $0,03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,25) 2:club: , T:spade: , 8:heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,25, MP2 calls $0,25, 3 folds.

Turn: ($0,75) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,50, Hero calls $0,50.

River: ($1,75) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1,50, Hero calls $1,50.

Final Pot: $4,75

I just h8 these kind of situations. My hand "improves" on turn, but not so many times with villain(20/7/1,1) cold calling u on the dryest board in the world. I should have bet out on turn, but facing situation like this one when I seemingly have a great hand but am probably way behind, I want to see the rest of the board as cheap as possible without folding my hands. So I shoud have bet out turn and fold a possible reraise, or if I get called c/f the river if I don t mirically improve.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm betting the turn and most likely 3bet-jamming over a raise, he has a bunch of worse trips in his range and he's not folding them. If I just called the turn it'd be to check/call again the river, mostly because I'd be thinking he can bluff there and continue on the river, and i'm confident he will shove the river himself with worse trips too.

These likely aren't assumptions you can make against a fish that seem passive at nl10, and since you can't fold your hand anyway, you're better off just accepting the coolers and making sure that in the meantime you get maximum value out of worse hands.

Hope it helps.