This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 QQ(mp2), scary board, fr

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6,37
      BB:
      $7,15
      Hero:
      $6,97

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:diamond: , Q:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 3 folds, SB calls $0,18, BB calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,60) T:diamond: , 7:diamond: , T:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0,05, Hero raises to $0,70, SB folds, BB calls $0,65.

Turn: ($2,00) K:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2,00) A:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,80, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,00

I just dunno why I played like this here. I guess it was late and I was getting tired.
      So preflop is ok, flop on the other hand not so ok. Later when I was actually thinking :P about this hand I put him on a Adxd. He is a 60/2 player, and he was obviousely trying to see the turn card cheaply. I should have bet out turn and fold to any card on river where I am 100% beat.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Bet/folding the turn sounds better indeed, barring a read that you risk getting check/raised by draws sometimes.

I'd also fold the river because it's an A, but I'd have called that bet on a lot of other cards since he can very well get to that point with a bunch of hands that completely missed on the river, and he's giving us great odds to look him up.

Hope it helps.