When move NL 10 ?

• Pokerzvaigzne
      Pokerzvaigzne
      Bronze
      Hello guys, im playing 1$ sng`s and 1$ MTT at Betfred poker, and sometimes NL5 cash, but im not really comfortable to play in these limits at cash game, couse of many bad players, that just make so annoying moves. At the moment my bankroll is 75$, and my question is, when should i go play NL 10 ? 150$ ? I couldnt find any articles where is those bankroll managment limits.
  • 4 replies
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Depends if you want to play SSS or BSS

BSS:You want to make a lot of money when you win but not be hit too hard when you lose. This can be done by keeping to the '25-Buy-in-Bankroll Management' rule. It tells you how big your poker account (bankroll) has to be to move up a limit, and when you need to put on the brakes and move down a limit.

Bankroll management for the Big Stack Strategy looks like this:

You always join a table with a full stack (100 big blinds). 100 big blinds equal one buy-in.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1534/1

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/1373/1
    • webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pokerzvaigzne
      Hello guys, im playing 1$ sng`s and 1$ MTT at Betfred poker, and sometimes NL5 cash, but im not really comfortable to play in these limits at cash game, couse of many bad players, that just make so annoying moves. At the moment my bankroll is 75$, and my question is, when should i go play NL 10 ? 150$ ? I couldnt find any articles where is those bankroll managment limits.
      No don't move up, if you're not good enough to crush NL5 then there is no point moving up.

Blaming it on annoying fish is not a very good reason to move up. Remember you only need to win a majority of the time, you will get hit by copious amounts of suckouts playing with fish but you'll still add to your roll in the end.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      fish is easy, just play tighter and if you're bored waiting for hands then play more tables
    • Pokerzvaigzne
      Pokerzvaigzne
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, this really helped me out.
      Oh, and yea, whats better in your oppinion SSS or BSS? Currently, I` am playing BSS.

PS: Im playin NL2 not NL5, just in Betfred, Max buy in is 5$ for o.o1/o.o2 stakes