[NL2-NL10] NL5 - ATs/mp2

• shanshichi
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:heart: , A:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, MP3 calls $0.16, CO calls $0.16, BU calls $0.16, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.70) 4:club: , 9:diamond: , T:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.12, BU folds, Hero calls $0.56.

Turn: ($2.94) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.56, CO calls $1.56.

River: ($6.06) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $6.06

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Th Ah)
      CO shows two pairs, tens and nines (9c Tc)

CO wins with two pairs, tens and nines (9c Tc)

i forgot to say that i have the begginer version of the elephant , the one that shows you only by name not by number the type of player you're playing with .

does it matter? i think yes . Anyway i'll get my license this week :f_love:
  • 2 replies
    • x3mwisp
      ch/f the turn.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I have no idea what you're talking about concerning the elephant, but we're fine with your hand histories like they are.

I don't like the turn bet, if you think you're doing that for value (meaning you have the best hand) even when the flush came in, why not 3-bet on the flop when you're ahead even more? This is just a gap in logic in my opinion.

If you just call the flop you're saying "well I don't really think this seemingly loose passive guy is doing that minraise very light, but he might sometimes have flushdraws or the occasional worse Tx, so i can't fold for that price". Then all the flushdraws improve to beat you, which means you're crushed by most of his range, so donking out makes no sense at that point it's a check/fold.

If that's not what you're thinking on the flop, it means you put enough worse made hands in his range for minraising the flop to actually 3-bet the flop for value against a range of Tx/OESDs/FDs/monsters.

Hope it helps.