This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Rush 88 set

• Magijec
      Magijec
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $7.28
      BU (Hero):
      $5.31
      SB:
      $4.92
      BB:
      $5.54
      UTG1:
      $2.91
      UTG2:
      $2.01
      MP1:
      $1.73
      MP2:
      $6.12
      MP3:
      $7.11

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, 8.
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, SB folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.47) 2, 8, 5 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.47, CO calls $0.47, Hero raises to $1.50, BB folds, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.41.

Is slowplay in this spot better than reraise?
  • 4 replies
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Black
      dont slowplay when u already have the money trapped in the pot from both. If the 2nd guy was after u, then u might slowplay, otherwise u played well.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think slowplaying is only better if you think BB is psychotically aggressive, like he has air there a lot and he won't care that you both called his potsize bet he'll continue to fire anyway.

Your line is fine, NH.

Hope it helps.
    • Joenaes
      Joenaes
      Black
      Standard slowplay spot imo, there is no turn that you dont want to see, if he bet smaller I will raise as well
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Against loose players no card under a T really is safe since both of them could very well have any sort of gutshot.

Coupled with the facts that cards higher than a T could scare them, that bad players aren't known for making good folds with stuff like 76/gutshots, even overpairs if they have that, and that we have no guarantee they will put anymore money in 3-way if they whiff the turn, I'd rather take my chances at getting value on the flop unless like I said, BB is really aggressive and I count on him committing everybody on the turn.

Hope it helps.