This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

I need an advice from pros

• Bender93
      Bender93
      Bronze
      Hello guys.

I joined poker strategy about 8 months ago and after playing for month and a half i had about $200 and silver rank,but then i gave up poker and gave my 200 dollars to a random guy.
      Now im thinking about coming back in june and im working on my play style becouse i want to be sure to use 100% of my potential when i come back.

So ok ill make it quick:
      My main problem is tilting and getting mad while playing,and while im on tilt,i completly lose control.

So i have a question for pros here:
      How did you overcome this problem (i bet you had the same problem when you were starting) and how do you menage to stay relaxed all the time?
  • 1 reply
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      -Don't be results oriented but instead focus on getting ur money in when it is right to get ur money in
      -Realize that getting sucked out on will happen now and then just as u will suck out on others now and then and accept it as a normal thing
      -Realize that tilting is absolutely non-profitable for u but always profitable for those that are at the same game with u
      -Play when rested and unburdened with other worries/problems/issues/whatnots
      -Don't expect to become Phil Ivey on Day 1 or Week 1 or Month 1 or Year 1 or Decade 1
      -Be prepared to work hard on ur game and always strive to improve
      -Be prepared to go through hell a.k.a. the worst downswings u can possibly imagine

If u get all of the above right u might be able to avoid tilt 99% of the time. Keeping discipline and staying focused is the hardest thing when starting out with poker. Probably another important tip would be to not get carried away by positive/negative results, not lie/brag to ur friends/family about how well ur doing and generally try to dodge any kind of undue poker related stress.

I don't yet consider myself to be a pro, however I do hope to get there some day. Best of luck to u!