This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Multiway Flushdraw ship

• nonergodic
      nonergodic
      Bronze
      Hey,

I played this hand today and I am not sure what to think about it in hindsight:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $4.91
      BB (Hero):
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $10.34
      MP3:
      $9.42
      CO:
      $6.81
      BU:
      $10.48

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, A.
      MP2 raises to $0.16, MP3 calls $0.16, 2 folds, SB calls $0.14, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.64) 7, 3, Q (4 players)
      SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.96, SB raises to $4.75, Hero calls $4.59, MP3 calls $3.79.

Turn: ($14.89) 6 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $0.09, MP3 calls $0.09.

River: ($15.07) 2 (3 players)

Final Pot: $15.07.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a pair of queens(Q T).
      Hero shows a flush, ace high(7 A).
      SB shows three of a kind, threes(3 3).

Hero wins with a flush, ace high(7 A).

MP3 had a habit of overbetting the flop (often even pushing) with top-pair - often worse and even calling raises to his big bet, so I was pretty sure he would call this time aswell (70-80 % (?)) (especially with 2 stacks to win). I was not concerned he would be able to beat me if I hit a 7 or my flush.

SB was rather passive but since MP3s play was very obivous I was pretty sure he had observed it aswell. I put him on AA, KK, QQ, AQ, 33, second nut flush draw, possibly sevens.

What should I think about my flop call?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine, even if MP3 didn't technically call it off yet when you're asked to make the call, it's a fair assumption that he's not folding after making that huge flop raise, so you're implicitly getting 3:1 implied odds on a call. This would be enough with the lone nut flushdraw, but you also have a pair to go with it, so you're not in bad shape against anything for that price ever.

That said, I would probably just raise SB's small bet myself to begin with, unless my plan was specifically to have MP3 raise with garbage behind me, so that I could come over the top and make him fold his garbage hands without a showdown.

Hope it helps.