[NL2-NL10] NL4 AA 3bet pot

• LSFC4ever
      LSFC4ever
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($4.29)
      CO ($6.50)
      Hero (Button) ($4)
      SB ($3.64)
      BB ($7.55)
      UTG ($4.77)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      2 folds, CO bets $0.12, Hero raises $0.36, 2 folds, CO calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.78) 5, 3, 10 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.56, CO calls $0.56

Turn: ($1.90) J (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.90) 6 (2 players)
      CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

Total pot: $3.90

So,Villain is a regular,often sawing him play on 12 tables,kinda nity,stats 16/11/1.7 from 2.1k hands.So after he called my 3bet preflop, he c\c that really dry board.Here i was thinking, that in his preflop calling range is not JT+(especially OOP).Infact, i was puting him on AQ+, TT+, and eventually 33 or 55, and after the turn card i didnt saw any point in betting, because AQ and AK wouldnt call on the flop and in this point i beat QQ only.My think was to keep the pot small so i can call a river bet.Did my turn play was correct?Should i bet for value in this spot, and if i wouldnt should i call his bet on the river?
  • 2 replies
    • cath2034
      cath2034
      Bronze
      Bet flop
      bet turn
      push river
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by cath2034
      Bet flop
      bet turn
      push river
      is the standard line. If you make up a range for him you'll see that even if you're behind every combo of TT-JJ and maybe some 33-55 as well, you still have enough equity to go broke if he also has QQ and some KK, with an overlay of $1.9 in the pot.

Whether it's most profitable line against a nit is hard to say, depends just how weak/tight he is. If he somehow finds a fold with QQ when we bet the turn we're really screwed. Worth noting too that it's possible for him to have stuff like 88 in that spot that he won't call a turn bet with, but might call a river bet given that your line will look goofy. I think checking the turn and betting the river if he checks is viable even if it's happens not to be best and it could be best, you played with him you make the call :p

Hope it helps.