This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

vs 50BB Stacks at NL5

• dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Hey guys, finally got my bankroll going and now I'm starting off my BSS career at NL5. I noticed that there quite a few people who buy in at 50BB's. Was wondering if there was a good, concrete strategy when going against these guys (Play more aggressive/passive?). Thanks to you all in advance. :D
  • 9 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Just be awear that both them and you will get commited to hands alot quicker as they only have a half stack. Most the time when you get to the turn versus them is ther has been beting pre flop and on the flop. Rearley can you get away from a hand due to there stack size. Avoid calling many of there bets imo. Also be awear that in 3 bet pots they'll nearly always have odds to draw to flushes etc. If someone wishes to add anything or correct anything i may have wrongly suggested fell free =)
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Right, so less implied odds, have to play solid hands against them, and no pussy-footing around. Did I get that correct?
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dicekeyrollz
      Right, so less implied odds, have to play solid hands against them, and no pussy-footing around. Did I get that correct?
      Well yeah and no. Just post flop you'll be playing pot odds more than implied odds.
      I'd wait for a second imput from someone else though if anyone else decides to show up.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      ive been playing on a smaller and fishier site not found here on PS and majority of my profits actually come from these guys.

i play SH and i try to look for tables where there are 3-4 midstacks. they stack off with TPWK or chase any kind of draws. especially if they have a VPIP$ of 30++ and no PFR.

yum :s_biggrin:

be prepared for suckouts though, because it will happen

strategy.. just play solid preflop hands and in position and punish them post flop
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      I was playing 50bb alot and even now sometimes. i can tell that biggest winnings are from overpairs (QQ+) when opponent keeps calling.. and its very profitable if you know how to play with 50bb!
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      What do you guys think about CBetting these cats though?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      What do you guys think about CBetting these cats though?
      I usually feel I have more fold-equity against shorter stacks. When that proves to not be the case then I make a note of it. My assumption is that they are risk-averse so they don't want to dump a lot of money into the pot with nothing. The gambler types are usually easy to pick out before you ever get in a pot with them.
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Thanks for all your feedback guys, really helpful stuff. I think these suggestions will incorporate into my style of play smoothly.

On a different note, is there anybody out there up for a good sweat session, either as an observant or the player, or both?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      On a different note, is there anybody out there up for a good sweat session, either as an observant or the player, or both?
      If you are in Asia Pacific I'd be up for it. It sounds like we're at a similar level right now.

Edit:

Oh, duh, you live like an hour train ride from me at worst. We can sort out the rest over PMs.