vs 50BB Stacks at NL5

• dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Hey guys, finally got my bankroll going and now I'm starting off my BSS career at NL5. I noticed that there quite a few people who buy in at 50BB's. Was wondering if there was a good, concrete strategy when going against these guys (Play more aggressive/passive?). Thanks to you all in advance. :D
  • 9 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Just be awear that both them and you will get commited to hands alot quicker as they only have a half stack. Most the time when you get to the turn versus them is ther has been beting pre flop and on the flop. Rearley can you get away from a hand due to there stack size. Avoid calling many of there bets imo. Also be awear that in 3 bet pots they'll nearly always have odds to draw to flushes etc. If someone wishes to add anything or correct anything i may have wrongly suggested fell free =)
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Right, so less implied odds, have to play solid hands against them, and no pussy-footing around. Did I get that correct?
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dicekeyrollz
      Right, so less implied odds, have to play solid hands against them, and no pussy-footing around. Did I get that correct?
      Well yeah and no. Just post flop you'll be playing pot odds more than implied odds.
      I'd wait for a second imput from someone else though if anyone else decides to show up.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      ive been playing on a smaller and fishier site not found here on PS and majority of my profits actually come from these guys.

i play SH and i try to look for tables where there are 3-4 midstacks. they stack off with TPWK or chase any kind of draws. especially if they have a VPIP$ of 30++ and no PFR.

yum :s_biggrin:

be prepared for suckouts though, because it will happen

strategy.. just play solid preflop hands and in position and punish them post flop
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      I was playing 50bb alot and even now sometimes. i can tell that biggest winnings are from overpairs (QQ+) when opponent keeps calling.. and its very profitable if you know how to play with 50bb!
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      What do you guys think about CBetting these cats though?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      What do you guys think about CBetting these cats though?
      I usually feel I have more fold-equity against shorter stacks. When that proves to not be the case then I make a note of it. My assumption is that they are risk-averse so they don't want to dump a lot of money into the pot with nothing. The gambler types are usually easy to pick out before you ever get in a pot with them.
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Thanks for all your feedback guys, really helpful stuff. I think these suggestions will incorporate into my style of play smoothly.

On a different note, is there anybody out there up for a good sweat session, either as an observant or the player, or both?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      On a different note, is there anybody out there up for a good sweat session, either as an observant or the player, or both?
      If you are in Asia Pacific I'd be up for it. It sounds like we're at a similar level right now.

Edit:

Oh, duh, you live like an hour train ride from me at worst. We can sort out the rest over PMs.