This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Jj

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $20.10
      SB (Hero):
      $35.65
      BB:
      $20.00
      MP2:
      $21.80
      MP3:
      $14.95
      CO:
      $81.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      MP2 raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.5) 2, 9, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Turn: ($9.5) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

River: ($19.5) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $12.30(All-In), Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $19.5.

villain is playing 41/12 after 128 hands. Aggression factor 2.7. His 12% range seems quite low to me, shorthanded. I didn't fancy reraising preflop. the board is not super bad and is an obvious one for him to follow up on. The bet on the turn looks like either: an attempt to keep me in the hand or a cheap second barrel. I had already decided in calling the turn bet, to fold to any action on the River and indeed I need strong reads that he's bluffing to even think about calling his river-shove.

Main question is whether I could have made less costly decisions at any point? 3betting preflop and folding to a 4 bet seems like the most obvious one. If he just calls the 3bet then I still probably have to shut down after the flop. A flop raise is the other possibility.

Thoughts, anyone?
      Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      don´t try to get away jacks pf against 41/12 player who has less than 50bb
      I would 3-bet and shove over 4-bet with JJ
      He can 4-bet or shove a lot of worse hands than JJ
      I think c/c flop is fine, but I´d fold turn
      You´re often behind there or if he is barreling with flushdraw he has enough outs to improve and if you´re going to fold river anyway then you can also fold turn