This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Session Evaluation

• dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Hey guys I've been playing pretty solid poker for a month, and after the 1,000+ hands I play I always try and look back on my hands to see where I made my mistakes and stuff. The thing is, though, I have to sort through all of those 1,000+ hands, including the insignificant ones.

Does anyone have a convenient way of evaluating their game at the end of every session?
  • 8 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Try to sort through the biggest pots you won and the biggest pots you lost, also if you make a move that you're not sure about during a session take note of it ( I use HEM so all this can be done pretty easily)
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Tell me more about this Hold'em Manager... :f_eek:

Isn't it kinda expensive? I really want one of these things coz it looks like it really helps, but if it's gonna take over my bankroll then it's kinda counter-intuitive, yanno?
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi, there are a number of software packages available which can help loads in collecting, storing, and reviewing your hands and keep track of winnings (and losses). The 2 most popular seem to be HEM and PT3.

I bought PT3 via Pokerstrategy out of my winnings about 6 months ago, and it has paid for itself many times over already.

I started with the micro-stakes edition and only 2 months later I upgraded to the full edition.

I would fully reccomend you try out one or more of these (free trials are available) as they are so useful you will shortly wonder how you managed without them.

GL
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice. :s_biggrin:

How do you buy via Pokerstrategy?
    • tvalberg
      tvalberg
      Bronze
      Click on the "SHOP" link at the top of the page. Or click here:

http://en.shop.pokerstrategy.com/
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Bronze
      If you want to improve in poker Hold'em Manager (or PokerTracker) is a must-have to whatever stakes you're playing.

I use HEM for:
      - HUD
      - Session Reviews
      - Graphic Analysis
      - Leak finding and resolving
      - Taking notes and determining opponent's hand ranges
      - and much more

If intensively and correctly used it can really put things in prespective and can really chage your game.
    • Timo
      Timo
      Bronze
      Hey dicekeyrollz,

since this forum is meant for feedback concerning the content we are offering, I have moved this thread into the "General Poker Discussion"-Forum.

Kind Regards,

Timo

PS: I recommend HEM as well, it can be found here. (don´t forget to check which of the packages suit you best before you order)
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Would anyone be willing to share their tips for evaluating sessions, what to look for etc.