[NL2-NL10] NL10 88 and KQs

• vmarqui
      $0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8 :diamond: , 8 :spade: .
      MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.95) 5 :heart: , Q :club: , 7 :diamond: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero raises to $1.25(All-In), MP1 folds, CO calls $0.25.

Turn: ($4.45) 8 :club: (2 players)

River: ($4.45) 3 :diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.45.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, eights(8:diamond: 8:spade:) .
      CO shows a pair of queens(K :spade: Q :diamond:) .

Hero wins with three of a kind, eights(8 8).

Was it right to push here? I got lucky in the turn after having to shove.

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q :heart: , K :diamond: .
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU folds, SB raises to $0.75, BB folds, Hero calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.6) T :heart: , T :diamond: , 6 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.55, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Should I have called that minraise preflop? And later on...
      Was it right to fold? I believe it was, but... he could have had a T or a pocket pair, but it wasn't likely, as he only minraised. He could also just be bluffing, maybe he was just a donk. I didn't even had an ace anyway.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Hello vmarqui!

Welcome to the hand evaluations board :)

Let me first remind you to not post results in your hand evaluations as we do not judge the results but rather your technical skill as in betting, raising, calling on the Flop, Turn & River respectively.

In Hand #1, we play middle pairs too. However this only applies when it is checked to you. Now you see a bet in front of you. Most of the times I see CO having a Queen because he would rarely bet A:h9 there so folding here is the best play.

In Hand #2, you are getting reraised after you have raised. As a shortstack we never éver call because as soon as we do that (in this case calling $0.35 extra) we are committed on the Flop as the pot will be twice as big compared to our remaining stack.

Therefore it is a question of going all-in or folding. In this case I see K:dQ as a relatively weak hand now so my choice would be to fold.

Best regards,