UTG+1 Maximirius ($1.90)
      MP1 Hero ($2.05)
      MP2 tallyweijl ($4.02)
      CO ganimx ($1.90)
      BTN vadallat82 ($2.55)
      SB New caretaker ($1.96)
      BB bubbamugs ($1.21)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is MP1 Q K
      Scater90 checks, Maximirius calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, 1 fold, ganimx calls $0.02, vadallat82 calls $0.02, New caretaker calls $0.01, bubbamugs checks

Flop: 6 K 9 ($0.12, 7 players)
      New caretaker checks, bubbamugs checks, Scater90 checks, Maximirius bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, New caretaker folds, bubbamugs folds, Scater90 folds, Maximirius calls $0.06

Turn: T ($0.32, 2 players)
      Maximirius bets $0.10, Hero folds

Final Pot: $0.42

I raised him on the flop trying to just get rid of any draws that may have come in as well due to the 0.04 bet. And also just to get an idea of what he had.

Bad fold on turn?

It looked to me like he had a king with maybe a worse kicker? But the fact he bet the turn so small, as he did on the flop, it felt like he was maybe trying to get me to reraise him again so wasnt sure whether he had 2 pair or better.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop: I would raise. KQs is the sort of hand that does really well vs limping ranges. Plus it's good to be HU in position with the initiative.

Flop: Raising is fine. Would raise larger. You are not raising to fold draws. The point of raising is to get value from draws and weaker made hands that will call.

Turn: Generally these mindonk, mindonk lines are just bad players with weak hands/draws wanting to see the next street cheaply. I would normally raise, but have no problem just calling if you think he is tricky or something, since KT and QJ got there. I think folding is a mistake, he will def be doing this with a lot of hands worse than yours.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hi,

Preflop: I would raise. KQs is the sort of hand that does really well vs limping ranges. Plus it's good to be HU in position with the initiative.

Flop: Raising is fine. Would raise larger. You are not raising to fold draws. The point of raising is to get value from draws and weaker made hands that will call.

Turn: Generally these mindonk, mindonk lines are just bad players with weak hands/draws wanting to see the next street cheaply. I would normally raise, but have no problem just calling if you think he is tricky or something, since KT and QJ got there. I think folding is a mistake, he will def be doing this with a lot of hands worse than yours.
      This. Not much I can add :)