Flop: Q 6 3 ($0.16, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, houno29 calls $0.12

Turn: T ($0.40, 2 players)
      Hero checks, houno29 checks

River: 4 ($0.40, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, houno29 calls $0.14

Final Pot: $0.68

Stats on Villain: VPIP: 39, PFR: 0, AF: 3.3, Hands: 72

After he checks behind on the turn I didn't think he had a queen. Since there was now a few more draw possibilities out there he would want to protect against.

My small bet onthe river was meant as a sort of block bet/value bet. Felt he may call with a pair of sixes or threes. And also didn't want him doing some crazy over bet on the river that would put me in a difficult spot.

Anything I should have done different?

Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      I like the flop raise, it's a nice bet in relation to the pot. I understand your check on the turn although I personally would of bet around 2/3's of the pot here again as if he had a Queen the likelyhood is he would of re-raised you on the flop and if you bet the turn and he still just calls then I'd probably check call the river.

As played. I think your bet on the river should of been a bit bigger here, as if he tracked back through the hand in his mind all you have done is raised and then put out a c-bet on flop, and after that looks as though you gave up until he failed to bet the turn. A more experienced player with a little something of a hand would of probably raised on the river here sensing your indecisive actions.

I'd of liked to see a bet of around .30 here.

Of course this is just my opinion and it's probably wrong, but that's why we are here to learn I guess. :)
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Yeah I also noticed how weak my play looked when I was making this thread and that a larger river bet may have been more suitable and maybe a 2nd barrel.

I also just think that the board isn't that drawy on the flop so he could quite possible just call with a weakish queen? And if he has a queen he will then raise me on the turn which I will probably have to fold to? And if he either has a pair of 6's or 2's he will probably check behind on the turn to try see a free card?

Thanks
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      As you haven't posted any stats or history on the player I am assuming that it's an unknown or you don't use a HUD?

I guess he may of called with a weak queen, but if I had a weak queen in his position I would be more inclined to raise earlier to see if there was any point in staying in the hand or to see if you missed and just placed a c-bet.

A weak queen can easily be taken over if he doesn't protect his hand. Having said that, I may be looking to deep into this as this is at NL2 and I personally have never played at that limit.
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Sorry forgot to add the stats, have added them to the original post now. Have only just got the HEM trial, so keep forgetting to add them when I post hands! :f_cool:

Yeah, probably are looking too deep into it! But it's usefull nonetheless as I will (hopefully) move up limit at some point!

Thanks for the replies.

Let's see what one of the judges says.
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jeffers16
      Sorry forgot to add the stats, have added them to the original post now. Have only just got the HEM trial, so keep forgetting to add them when I post hands! :f_cool:

Yeah, probably are looking too deep into it! But it's usefull nonetheless as I will (hopefully) move up limit at some point!

Thanks for the replies.

Let's see what one of the judges says.
      Looking at the wrong stats, you are already in the pot and you need post flop stats to make a decision based on them. :)
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Yeah that makes sense! As I said, only had HEM for a few days.

Which are the most important post flop stats to look at?

Fold to conti-bet? Went to showdown? Which others?

Many thanks
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well we already have enough stats as it is to know for sure he's a fish, so all the talk about him thinking about our range or the board texture is pretty much worthless.

I would have bet the turn again for sure if the flop had been a bit more drawy, there isn't much for him to call again with as it is unless he's willing to peel twice with a flopped gutshot or he somehow floated with broadways and now has either a pair of T or some other gutshot/OESD, which in fact are reasonable possibilities considering how loose he seems to be. You can go either way.

If you check the turn and he checks back I like your valuebet, he seems kinda aggressive so it's fair to assume he would bet at leas some Qx on the turn. So we're up against random air floats like A-high, some Tx, maybe some 6x stuff and a few Qx combos. It's worth a valuebet when in doubt to give him the chance to make mistake and I like you making it kinda small to give him incentive to call with a weak range. I'd still go up to half pot just to prevent some aggressive fish from thinking it's a good bluff-raise opportunity.

As for HEM stats, C-bet% Fold to c-bet % and WTSD%/W$SD% are fine stats to look at, so are flop donk bet % and overall flop raising % against aggressive fish. The rest is situation specific for the most part.

Hope it helps.