UTG+1 Pedros88 ($2)
      MP1 Hero ($2)
      MP2 Rmw2day ($1.29)
      MP3 esrinho08 ($1)
      CO ober0n98 ($8.64)
      BTN MajorHeadRush ($2)
      BB servola ($2.21)

Pre-Flop: ($0.02, 8 players) Hero is MP1 T 9
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 1 fold, esrinho08 checks, ober0n98 calls $0.02, MajorHeadRush calls $0.02, servola checks

Flop: 2 6 Q ($0.08, 5 players)
      servola bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 3 folds

Turn: K ($0.28, 2 players)
      servola checks, Hero bets $0.20, servola calls $0.20

River: K ($0.68, 2 players)
      servola checks, Hero bets $0.36, servola folds

Final Pot: $1.04

I realise the call on the flop was a bit loose and it didn't give me the right odds.

Once I had hit my flush I wasn't sure how to make the most value from it. I put him on maybe a pair of queens on 6's or 2's.

Should I have maybe bet more on the river and try to make it look more like a bluff (maybe trying to represent a King bluff or something)?

THanks
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm always coming in with a raise if i have a hand worth playing, unless I have a colony of 3-bet monkeys behind me, and even in that case it's probably worth calling a 3-bet with anyway.

As played I don't mind the flop call, it's still a small pot that needs bloating for when you hit anyway and people behind you might come along with garbage to sweeten the odds. Not to mention if BB overbets he probably has a hand that he won't be able to lay down immediately when you hit your flush.

Turn is fine as played.

On the river I wouldn't worry about trying to represent a bluff or anything, most of your opponents don't care on a conscious level. Unless you have a specific reason to believe he'll be more inclined to call a big bet, you should just bet the maximum you think a Q can call given that two K and the flush appeared on board. I like your bet size.

Hope it helps.