50bb players, how to play them?

• Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      There is alot or at least more and more playing with 50bb at FR tables. They play very aggressive and it`s hard to know when to bluff them or how light to call them down.

Will there be an article or video on how to play against them?
  • 3 replies
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      I noticed players with about 50bb like to get it in light so just consider the board and get it in slightly looser, expect variance, and analyze those hands after the session.

The play is correct to get it in lighter because the odds are better, and bluffs are good too if their bet indicates weakness.

As far as hands go, TP or 40%+ draws are good to go all-in generally without reads. If they flop a monster oh well.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      they like to reraise with mid pairs in steal situations try to get them allin 99+. I play them alot like ss's but with slightly tighter range takin out the jacks and all of the late position range 77 88 kq aq. A 3 bet and a c bet gets you pretty much pot commited
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      less pure bluffs, more thin value

Meaning if 50bb stack guys like to 3bet me light I'm shipping many midpairs and AQ, if they are completely out of line i ship AJ/lowpairs as well.

As for postflop, TPTK is good enough to play for stacks without any crazy dynamics. On the other hand TPTK is rarely good in a 100bb stack type of spot on the flop without any aggro dynamics.