Doors killed my Bankroll

• Jdeeuk
      Jdeeuk
      Bronze
      My bankroll has been cut in half. How? bad beats? bad decisions? or the most unavoidable part of poker for those of us living with a partner......DECORATING...
      yep thats right. decorating...the missus saw that my ballance was at about 400 dollars (not bad for 3 weeks work from the initial 50) and decided that 230 of those shiny dollars should be spent on a couple of doors for our bedroom!

So my advice to anyone using good BRM strategy is to also factor in the keeping the missus off your back factor!
  • 12 replies
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      If she withdrew the money without your consent, I'd say it's time for a serious talk. If not, well, it's your money so it's your decision whether or not to withdraw. If you don't want to play poker just to pay for any trinkets your girl deems you have enough "poker money" for, then make it clear right away before she makes you withdraw $800 for car insurance when you finally hit $1000.
    • MrEnig
      MrEnig
      Bronze
      Well I kind of have a feeling that it wont be a happy day if you try to reason and refuse the will of the queen.

I say you lose (and I mean transfer most of your BR to somewhere else and keep working on it) and tell your woman about the misfortune :f_rolleyes:
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrEnig
      Well I kind of have a feeling that it wont be a happy day if you try to reason and refuse the will of the queen.

I say you lose (and I mean transfer most of your BR to somewhere else and keep working on it) and tell your woman about the misfortune :f_rolleyes:
      I'm sorry, but I categorically disagree. Lying has never led to anything good in a relationship, and fear of confrontation is not a reason to do it. If your partner won't respect your decisions, you should reconsider whether you two are equal peers or perhaps a tad more like master and slave.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Gold
      Poker BR is not life BR.. or at least shouldnt be till u make living from it..
      Its way more important to build BR in the beggining to b able to buy not one door, but whole lot of doors later..
      Id kindly ask her to not touch poker BR till said otherwise
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      hahahah, that's hilarious!
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      well, sit her down and make sure she knows she's been a bad girl, and need to make up for it :s_cool:

also, you have to consider that it will be really -EV for you to refuse her. Think about the nagging, and all the extra stress that will come about
    • Jdeeuk
      Jdeeuk
      Bronze
      Exactly elhh82, starting a days poker already on tilt due to the nagging would probably have me posting a brand new downswing post saying thanks for my $50 PS but now im skint lol.
      Plus she does let me play poker instead of going to work (im not "pro" she just earns a grotesuqe amount of money) so im pretty much living the dream most of the new poker players want to play poker instead of working.

Life is good.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      So she makes a lot of money, but you still need to withdraw 200$ from a bankroll that is still not enough big to plays stakes that would actually make you money?

That doesn't really make any sense.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      So she makes a lot of money, but you still need to withdraw 200$ from a bankroll that is still not enough big to plays stakes that would actually make you money?

You have clearly never been married.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      PocketAcesJohn: More like

SENSE

This thread makes none!
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jdeeuk
      Exactly elhh82, starting a days poker already on tilt due to the nagging would probably have me posting a brand new downswing post saying thanks for my $50 PS but now im skint lol.
      Plus she does let me play poker instead of going to work (im not "pro" she just earns a grotesuqe amount of money) so im pretty much living the dream most of the new poker players want to play poker instead of working.

Life is good.
      WOW
      I was about to say "tell her to get stuffed and say how she seemed like a greedy bitch."
      But then i read your last post :f_o:
      She sounds like a lovely girl. :heart: :heart: :heart:
      Don't do anything to f**k it up :f_biggrin:
      Lucky lad.