[NL20-NL50] nl25sh - TT, is this total spew?

• PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($29.57)
      CO ($34.44)
      BTN ($25.35)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.85, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, BTN calls $1.65

FLOP ($5.25) 2:spade: 7:spade: J:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($5.25) 2:spade: 7:spade: J:heart: 5:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $5, Hero raises to $22.50 (AI), BTN

Villain was a loose-ish regg playing 32/26/2.3 over 40 hands. The most resonable play here is probably to c-bet/fold flop, but I didn't here out of several reasons.

First of all: If he just call, we would be oop in a big pot with a marginal hand without a clue about where we're at. If he raises it's simple though....

Second of all: I did what I did, because I thought it would be a high propability that he would attack the pot on the turn, since our hand is underrepresented and he might do this with all XcXx-hands and random OCs. I'm not sure how much fold equity we are generating against JX (no spades), but maybe he find a call with hands like 88 or 99?

Is my reasoning good, or is it to spewy/risky?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you´re not folding there Jx if you´re going to c/rai, so I don´t really like that play so much, since if you get called you´re equity is terrible
      I think better is c/c turn and then decide on the river if you want to call another bet (turning your hand into bluff catcher)
      But also you can just c-bet this board and go from there. If villain is aggressive and likes to bluff then bet/shove imo is also reasonable line