This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25sh - TT, is this total spew?

• PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($29.57)
      CO ($34.44)
      BTN ($25.35)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.85, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, BTN calls $1.65

FLOP ($5.25) 2:spade: 7:spade: J:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($5.25) 2:spade: 7:spade: J:heart: 5:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $5, Hero raises to $22.50 (AI), BTN

Villain was a loose-ish regg playing 32/26/2.3 over 40 hands. The most resonable play here is probably to c-bet/fold flop, but I didn't here out of several reasons.

First of all: If he just call, we would be oop in a big pot with a marginal hand without a clue about where we're at. If he raises it's simple though....

Second of all: I did what I did, because I thought it would be a high propability that he would attack the pot on the turn, since our hand is underrepresented and he might do this with all XcXx-hands and random OCs. I'm not sure how much fold equity we are generating against JX (no spades), but maybe he find a call with hands like 88 or 99?

Is my reasoning good, or is it to spewy/risky?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you´re not folding there Jx if you´re going to c/rai, so I don´t really like that play so much, since if you get called you´re equity is terrible
      I think better is c/c turn and then decide on the river if you want to call another bet (turning your hand into bluff catcher)
      But also you can just c-bet this board and go from there. If villain is aggressive and likes to bluff then bet/shove imo is also reasonable line