$14.37
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $14.63
      MP2:
      $10.10

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.40, BB folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.9) J, T, 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.55, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.9.

opponent is known to be a good reg with fairly tight FPR. i think i would be behind and his re-raise oop probably puts him on high pocket pairs like JJ or QQ, and an occasional AK.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he's good he's probably screwing around a bunch in that SBvsBU spot still, even tho I recently make some quick sessions at the micros on FTP and was pretty surprised at how little people were playing back at me in spite of me having maniacal stats. So if they're indeed barely ever 3-betting light, calling AKo is okay provided you try to take down pots on which he seems to be giving up. However if you think he's tight enough that it's possible he 3-bets stuff like 99-QQ/AQ+ but ends up finding folds with some of those hands when you 4-bet, you likely should still go ahead and do it.

As played it depends on whether he c-bets AK on that board or not. If that's the case you're getting a fairly decent price to peel one off, since on the turn I mostly expect him to check AK and make another bet with stuff that beats us. If you disagree with that and think he'll check/shove or check/call TT+ on the turn sometimes, then it's likely not worth screwing around to take him off AK.

Hope it helps.