Journey is over. Check new blog

• Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Hey all.
      Yeah, gonna blog. Last time i tried i didn't update at all, so i will give it a new try.
      Well a little about me: SNG & MTT player, Denmark, 21 years. Have had some success in both SNG and MTT - but looking back a lot of the success have been fishing. :f_p:
      But know I'm going :s_biggrin: hopefully.
      Well I'm gonna use the blog to keep track and maybe get some nice feedback.
      Okay, I'm playing on ftp and playing the 2.25$ turbo SNG's at the moment, but i have about 70 BI for the 6.5$ but i need 100 BI before moving up.
      BR: 437.87$
      May goals:
      1 k SNG's - like aceontheriver :P I'm gonna 6 table so have to put in a lot of hours to get to 1 k.
      300 hands in ICM trainer with at least 92% correct before starting each session.
      Get Iron man status at ftp
      Re-read articles here at ps.com
      Go to as many coachings as possibly
      Remember to update blog at least every 3 day. :D

Well that's the goals and hopefully I'm gonna make it.
      As for the first update i just finished my session for the day and here is my lifetime SNG graph. http://www.pokerprolabs.com/Personalization/AsyncGraphController.ashx?id=36412153&pnid=2&tt=2&dt=0&gt=1&w=240&h=180
      Well around 950 games where it goes down again - thats the end of April ( stupid super turbos :p )
      The starting upswing is May so far, played a little over 100 games already - so a good start.
      I'm coming back with an update thursday. Good luck at the tables.

- Lindberg789
  • 28 replies
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update: Well the last two days didn't go as good as the first, but i can live with it. I noticed last night that I was loosening up in early phase and was having trouble letting go when I definently was beat, or at least should be, but the players keep surprising me and show their skills by value betting mid pair 3 streets and stuff like that. So I think that perhaps I was frustrated because I let the best hand go so many times that night - but it's not good already to get frustrated cause how am I then gonna handle the rest of the month.

BR: 418.52 :f_cry:
      Games played: about 180 according to sharkscope graph

Will update again sunday. :s_cool:
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Uddate: As most of you know SNG's are swingy, and Friday I had my first real swing not a big one but it scared me a little bit. First i played a set of 6 SNG's where I placed 3*1st, 1*2nd and 1*3rd, I played em pretty well but I definently ran good, after this upswing I did two more sets of 6 where in the first ten of em I was out before reaching the bubble, just by getting my premiums crushed. I finished 1st in the last two but I noticed I tightened up a little bit in the last two when reaching the bubble, just to make sure i cashed - which I think was a mistake, cause it turned into a fold festival until the blinds reached 200/400 and I finally came to my senses and started pushing.
      This is definently something I have to work on so I don't end up making this mistake again. But it's good I found this leak in my mindset and this is why I need 100 BI so I can handle the swings.

BR: 441.61$ :s_cool:
      Games played ~ 250 so still 750 to the goal.

Update again Wednesday. ;D
      Take care.
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update: So I went to the coaching this Monday and I felt really good about it, cause I found that my play was very much similar to the coach. Sure I still have some leaks, but I actually fixed some of them by watching chenny's new video, and learning about being the bigstack.
      I ordered Moshman's book on SNG, but received the one on HU, but I will receive the correct one tomorrow and I will keep the HU one and read them both. :f_grin:
      About my play the last couple of days, it's been okay but haven't change much.
      BR: 469.76$ and I'm going to play a lot tonight.
      Games played: 330.
      I made some changes in my plan - and I'm going to move up to the 6.5$ when I reach 500$ and going to step back down if my br goes under 200$.
      This is going to help me reach silver Ironman status easier, and give me a shot at becomming gold here at ps.com.
      And the fact that the rake drops from 12.5% to 8.33% makes a huge difference.
      That's all for now.
      Updates coming when I move up or on Friday.
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update: 6.5$ here I come. :s_cool:
      So I have reached 500$ even though I haven't been playing my A-game the last two days I have still managed to win some moniez.
      At the 2.25$ I have played 400 games and won 135$ ~ 60 BI. This is (if my math is correct) a ROI of 15% + some rakeback (25$). I'm happy with these results and looking forward to the 6.5$.
      I'm gonna review my play, especially my average stack play on the bubble, in this weekend and hopefully also improve my HU play by reading moshmans book both on HU and SNG. I'm also planning on attending chennys coaching sunday and see if I can fix some more leaks. :f_cool:

Before moving up I'm gonna reread some articles and train 1k hands with ICM. And then start 4 tabling in sets for starters tonight. =)

I'll update again sunday.
      Take care.
    • PokerAddict36
      PokerAddict36
      Bronze
      good luck on the 6.5s sir!
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Thanks Pokeraddict, looks like I'm gonna need it.
      Just play 3 sets of 4 and only cashed in two getting 1*3rd and 1*2nd, which means I'm down 8 BI.
      Hopefully I'm gonna run good again soon. ;D

-Lindberg789
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      good luck with the move up lindberg :)

nice blog
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Thanks lessthanthree.

Update: Well the move up didn't go as smoothly as expected. For starters I lost 8 BI and then came up again to my initial 500, and a break even streetch over the next 30 games and now I'm down 5 BI again. I knw it's just small variance, but it suddenly seems like alot when normal 10 BI swings was 20 $ and now it has trippled and is 10% of my current roll, so it all seems a bit more scary.
      As for my play it's the same as on the 2.25$ but I have noticed some things I need to work on - like not pushing wide enough against a regular because he should be calling you looser, but many of them isn't.
      But to detect these leaks I have started to record me playing sets and I'm going to analyse my play hopefully tomorrow.
      Another thing I have noticed is that some fish and semi regulars are pushing in early stages in spot where a reraise would have been normal, and they do it with such a wide range that I'm thinking about starting to call them down looser than my normal range QQ+ , just because it seems profitable, even though a few also makes this move with KK+, which a lot of them don't, but instead make normal re-raises - making their play so obvious.
      I'll get back to this in my next update.
      BR: 472,12$
      Games played: 450

That's it for now.
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update: down to 350$ and can't take no more, the endless stream of bad beats and some tilt, getting me in a bad mood. I like sng's but I can't take it, I miss playing poker with a turn and a river and not pushing so much. I miss the excitment of MTT's and that's what I'm gonna play from now on, Or at least I think, I'm gonna come back to the blog later today after I have cooled down, and then choose, I'm thinking about HU sng's also, and maybe the 27 man, or 90 man KO.
      Maybe change site? I have a lot on my mind, so know I'm gonna relax the rest of the day and return tonight.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Don't let a bit of variance beat you mate, swings happen and it's just unlucky it's hit you as you moved up. You've already said you like SnG's, so maybe move back down to the $2 ones 'til you're happy again, then take another shot?

Nice blog anyway, keep it up. ;)
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Thanks Danny, I took another shot 12 games more, and placed 2*1st. so I'm still losing money, and can't take it. Think I'm gonna give HU sng a shot today and tomorrow, and re-evaluate after that.

That's all for now.
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      I feel for you. I moved to FTP like 2 month ago and started playing the 6.5$ (before I was playing t PartyPoker and winning in SnGs there) and I really had trouble getting my feet on the ground.
      I had a break even stretch of 412 games and a downswing of not cashing in 21 games in a row. But since I crossed into the black again I moved from 600 to 1k (including FDB and rakeback).
      So once you got used to the new opponents in these games they are definately beatable!
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update: So I have played some HU SNG's and it went okay. 35 games played (6.25$ turbo at ftp) and it went okay, 6 BI up, and I felt I played good, and really enjoyed adapting to the opponent, playing the turn and river.
      About the 9 man sng's, I think I'm gonna quit them for the time being and focus on the hu. :f_cool:
      I'm gonna stay at ftp the rest of this month (I think) and then maybe change site. Thinking of William Hill to get max strategy point so I can get gold status and watch some hu sng videos. On a side note: The english community really need low stakes hu sng videos, I saw the german community had some, but my deutch is horrible.
      But regarding switching site if anyone has experience with hu on other sites feel free to give your 2 cents, I'm really interested in the rake of the sites.

So now the blog is a hu sng blog. :s_biggrin:
      But I'm gonna play some Mtt's as well. I will follow 50 BI rule for the hu and 150 BI rule for Mtt's. I'm gonna play at least 500 hu before moving up, even if I get 50 BI before.
      BR: 370'ish

Wish me luck. :f_cool:
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update:
      Moving to cake - I think. :P
      I was looking into their vip program and it look really nice, also the fact that no hud are allowed is nice - since i don't use one.
      The structure for their turbo hu sngs seems better than fulltilts cause blinds increase every 5 minutes instead of 3 and the blinds start at 10/20 so a little deeper - which should be to my benefit? At least I think.
      The rake is a little higher 0.25 for 5$ hu where ftp is 0.25 for 6$ hu - but cake makes up for it by increasing rakeback to 33% instead of 27% and also there is a deposit bonus. :f_cool:
      So I think I'm gonna move this weekend - It take some time with moneybookers X( - and if I used my card I wouldn't be able to withdraw to it - funny cake.

About my hu play, overall it's looking okay - Br 365ish so kind of break even over the last 60 games when rakeback comes. I'm reading moshman on hu, some nice concepts - some too advanced for me to apply with shallow stacks - but I'm really enjoying this new "adventure" and loving this learning process.
      If anyone have inputs on hu sngs about brm or strategy and would like to exchange thoughts on play you are more than welcome to reply. Since there is not much material on subject here in the english community (at least low stakes) I would really appreciate any suggestions or point of view. :D

That's it for now - will return sunday with updates (hopefully from cake)
      Take care. :s_cool:
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update:
      Change of plans.
      I'm not moving to cake - or I'm moving out again, due to their horrible connection, lost 3 BI cause of disconnect.
      So now I have moved to William Hill to eat the ipoker fishies - beginners table loving it :D
      Pros and cons of the move:
      Pros: gonna get 5 ps points per $ (10 next month) - so I'm gonna become gold at least. I'm gonna have all the ipoker fishies - and much more traffic. Bigger bonus to clear. Some freerolls and okay choices of tourneys compared to cake.
      Cons: No rakeback! Vip program seems weird.

Overall I'm happy I moved, and I'm gonna start with a roll of 1850 Dkr ~ 300ish$ and gonna play the 5.25$ beginner hu sngs for starters.

Gameplan and goals for hu sngs:
      Read Moshmans book on hu - last 150 pages or so
      Make videos for analysis ~ like DiSpirit
      Choose between regular and turbo - input anyone? Also regarding brm.
      Refresh my tourney play by playing all these nice freerolls and ship one. :f_cool:

That's it for now. Next update sunday will hopefully contain a youtube link to a session.
      Take care. :s_biggrin:
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update:
      Well I simply haven't played that much, and therefore no video and no real update.
      Gonna play the 10k ps freeroll now and have fun with that.

I'm gonna update when I have played some games, hopefully tomorrow.

Take care.
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update finally.
      Well have been very busy and have only 30 or something hu sngs on w. hill, so not much to say about them really. BUT today i played a MTT on ft for my ftp and what do you know. I came 7th after some bad luck up to the final table. This earned me 705$, so once again I have a bankroll on ft.
      I don't know if I'm gonna keep the money on ft and use it for mtt play or I'm gonna cash it out and use it in the holiday.

But figured I needed to update with such nice news.
      I'm gonna play a few hu sngs tomorrow and then use the weekend with friends and start putting in some serious hours from monday.

Take care.
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update:
      Well have cashed out on fulltilt - which might have been a mistake since I really wanna play some more mtt's. But I still have bonus standing at W. Hill, so i have decided to clear that and getting gold status by going back to sngs for a while - I really hope the traffic is good enough for playing 6 at a time or else I will never clear the bonus.
      While I'm clearing the bonus I'm gonna find out which site I wanna move to and play mtts, cause the 100 man sngs on Hill doesn't fill up at all from what I have seen so far, and their scheduled tourneys are quite expensive for low gtd prize pools.
      So if anyone have an idea to which sites have nice mtts and above 100 man sngs that fills fast - except stars and ftp - then please leave a comment on this.

Take care.
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Update: Back to fulltilt.. ;D

I finally cashed out of W. Hill after a massive id check and transfered 250$ to my fulltilt and started playing the 90 man 3.30$ KO tourneys. I started a set of 4 and with great result coming to one final table as the massive chipleader just to lose my internet connection - I ended up folding my way to a 3rd place.
      Later after having fixed my internet i played a set of 6 and came to two final tables with plenty of chips, in one I first lost a flip, then a 70/30 and finally a flip again and came in 6th. :f_cry: In the other I kept my chips, but came into the hu with 1/4 of the chips and lost the battle - but second is still 13.5 BI so that's okay.
      I made a total of 69.88$ in the 10 games I played today - so I'm happy. :f_cool:

Really enjoying playing mtt's again, and can't wait for playing again tomorrow - But right now the girlfriend needs some attention.

Take care.

The day just keeps getting better - Just won the W. Hill 1k depositors freeroll for 230$. :s_cool: