This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] stacking off here avoidable?

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.19
      SB:
      $5.41
      BB (Hero):
      $5.15
      MP3:
      $4.51
      CO:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.15, BU folds, SB calls $0.13, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.45) 4, Q, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, CO calls $0.35, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.15) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, CO raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $4.65, CO calls $3.20(All-In).

River: ($10.3) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.3.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, queens and sevens(Q A).
      CO shows three of a kind, sevens(6 7).

CO wins with three of a kind, sevens(6 7).
  • 5 replies
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      I would either fold or raise preflop, at least then you have an idea of where you stand when the flop comes down. A re-raise to defend your blind I don't think is out of the question here at all. In fact I'd do it pretty much everytime.

But as played. I think you could of limited the pot with a call on the turn instead of a shove 3-bet. Then see how things developed on the river.

CO range is usually pretty loose even from tight players.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      AQo is a hand I'm either squeezing or folding here. I don't think it plays too well in a multiway pot OOP.

Turns a fold, I'm not just looking at the results and going "well yeah he had.." but generally speaking without specific reads a minraise at the micro's is usually a big hand.

Can I ask what you were thinking here on the turn? Seems like your thought process was pretty "well I have TPTK..", did you go into depth about his range?

You can take the curious line and call turn with the plan to call any river but a diamond, but I'd still think you're beat here a fair amount of the time especially with the line he took. He's probably only calling a flop lead bet with a hand like 7x and raising all sets/two pairs.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Well yeah raising pre was correct, that was silly not raising there. But on the flop when he just calls im thinking he has the draw. I guess taking the stakes into account it was possible for him to have the 7, but when another 7 came that just inforced my belief that he was on a draw and didnt have a 7. Taking the stakes into account its was still very possible my AQ was ahead, i visulise KQ QJ Q-10 all stacking of hear against me, even 56s wouldnt supprise me as i had a hand the other day where i had go it all in on the turn with a set in a 300bb pot just for an openended straight draw to call and hit his 18%. The fact that i've moved down from NL25 to rebuild my destroyed game/confidence, maybe im just been to stuborn with my hands.
    • zulukid
      zulukid
      Bronze
      As played, i'd 3bet preflop.
      On turn, i think you could've bet slightly larger to protect from draws say ~3/4 pot, and folding to a raise
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed on the preflop 3-bet.

As played i'm also bet/folding the turn bigger, barring further reasons to believe he makes that minraise with Qx or draws.

Hope it helps.