$5.41
      BB (Hero):
      $5.15
      MP3:
      $4.51
      CO:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.15, BU folds, SB calls $0.13, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.45) 4, Q, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, CO calls $0.35, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.15) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, CO raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $4.65, CO calls $3.20(All-In).

River: ($10.3) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.3.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, queens and sevens(Q A).
      CO shows three of a kind, sevens(6 7).

CO wins with three of a kind, sevens(6 7).
  • 5 replies
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      I would either fold or raise preflop, at least then you have an idea of where you stand when the flop comes down. A re-raise to defend your blind I don't think is out of the question here at all. In fact I'd do it pretty much everytime.

But as played. I think you could of limited the pot with a call on the turn instead of a shove 3-bet. Then see how things developed on the river.

CO range is usually pretty loose even from tight players.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      AQo is a hand I'm either squeezing or folding here. I don't think it plays too well in a multiway pot OOP.

Turns a fold, I'm not just looking at the results and going "well yeah he had.." but generally speaking without specific reads a minraise at the micro's is usually a big hand.

Can I ask what you were thinking here on the turn? Seems like your thought process was pretty "well I have TPTK..", did you go into depth about his range?

You can take the curious line and call turn with the plan to call any river but a diamond, but I'd still think you're beat here a fair amount of the time especially with the line he took. He's probably only calling a flop lead bet with a hand like 7x and raising all sets/two pairs.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Well yeah raising pre was correct, that was silly not raising there. But on the flop when he just calls im thinking he has the draw. I guess taking the stakes into account it was possible for him to have the 7, but when another 7 came that just inforced my belief that he was on a draw and didnt have a 7. Taking the stakes into account its was still very possible my AQ was ahead, i visulise KQ QJ Q-10 all stacking of hear against me, even 56s wouldnt supprise me as i had a hand the other day where i had go it all in on the turn with a set in a 300bb pot just for an openended straight draw to call and hit his 18%. The fact that i've moved down from NL25 to rebuild my destroyed game/confidence, maybe im just been to stuborn with my hands.
    • zulukid
      zulukid
      Bronze
      As played, i'd 3bet preflop.
      On turn, i think you could've bet slightly larger to protect from draws say ~3/4 pot, and folding to a raise
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed on the preflop 3-bet.

As played i'm also bet/folding the turn bigger, barring further reasons to believe he makes that minraise with Qx or draws.

Hope it helps.