MP2 = ($4.49)
      MP3 = ($4.38)
      CO = ($5.00)
      BU = ($2.87)
      SB (Hero) = ($4.24)
      BB = ($2.00)
      UTG1 = ($5.07)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9.
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, BB folds, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 2, A, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, BU raises to $1.20, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.5.

The debate here is whether or not I should've donked out on the flop. In retrospect I believe I should've check-raised to get villain to fess up to holding an Ace. Otherwise, his raise could just be an any two that he decides to continuation raise with. He might've had the best hand, he probably did, but I wish I was more sure in this hand, yanno?
  • 9 replies
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Asdf
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dicekeyrollz
      $0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2 = ($8.60)
      MP1 = ($5.35)
      MP2 = ($4.49)
      MP3 = ($4.38)
      CO = ($5.00)
      BU = ($2.87)
      SB (Hero) = ($4.24)
      BB = ($2.00)
      UTG1 = ($5.07)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9.
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, BB folds, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 2, A, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, BU raises to $1.20, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.5.

The debate here is whether or not I should've donked out on the flop. In retrospect I believe I should've check-raised to get villain to fess up to holding an Ace. Otherwise, his raise could just be an any two that he decides to continuation raise with. He might've had the best hand, he probably did, but I wish I was more sure in this hand, yanno?
      Raise bigger pre and you are not donking out you are simply cbetting. Otherwise well played
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Thanks! And yes, I am interested in some sweat sessions. When are you free?
    • CBFunk
      CBFunk
      Bronze
      Hi dicekeyrollz,

I move your thread in the right forum so our hand judges can have a look at your hand.

Good luck at the tables :)

Best regards,

Clemens
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Any reads on the BTN/BB? Do you 3bet here because the BB is likely to squeeze? I'd make the 3bet size larger to. Probably to 3.5x as you're out of position, although your 3x is good for situations in which you're IP.

So first, how does villian react to 3bets? Is he likely to think a 3bet from us could easily be a bluff as both him and us have been active on the table? Has he seen you 3bet in these situations before, if so; how did he react then and how did the hand play out.

So, if villian has been loose/aggressive than his opening range could be rather wide but he's defending all of his higher pairs + broadways to our 3bet as he's in position. Same applies for a tag player. A lot of them aren't good enough to understand what plays well and what doesn't in 3bet pots and can easily defend to the 3bet with a hand as weak as A8s (speaking from experience).

With this in mind, the 3bet is okay but flatting might be better. It is BB and BTN dependant though.

The cbet on the flop was small and you showed a lot of weakness betting close to 1/2 pot. If I was in BB's situation I'd be raising for a bluff as you've shown such a weak bet, so bet bigger before people catch on.

I think even with initiative though this flop is something I'm just c/f'ing. We're getting value from 0 hands and if villian is a level 0 thinker they'll probably float with any gutshot.
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      I see the logic in c/f'ing the flop, thanks for advice bro. I understand how little value there is to gain from betting out the flop. C/F is a very good line of play.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Any reads on the BTN/BB? Do you 3bet here because the BB is likely to squeeze? I'd make the 3bet size larger to. Probably to 3.5x as you're out of position, although your 3x is good for situations in which you're IP.

So first, how does villian react to 3bets? Is he likely to think a 3bet from us could easily be a bluff as both him and us have been active on the table? Has he seen you 3bet in these situations before, if so; how did he react then and how did the hand play out.

So, if villian has been loose/aggressive than his opening range could be rather wide but he's defending all of his higher pairs + broadways to our 3bet as he's in position. Same applies for a tag player. A lot of them aren't good enough to understand what plays well and what doesn't in 3bet pots and can easily defend to the 3bet with a hand as weak as A8s (speaking from experience).

With this in mind, the 3bet is okay but flatting might be better. It is BB and BTN dependant though.

The cbet on the flop was small and you showed a lot of weakness betting close to 1/2 pot. If I was in BB's situation I'd be raising for a bluff as you've shown such a weak bet, so bet bigger before people catch on.

I think even with initiative though this flop is something I'm just c/f'ing. We're getting value from 0 hands and if villian is a level 0 thinker they'll probably float with any gutshot.
      This :)
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Right, right right, and rightey-o. It would cost way too much money to CBet and then continue on the turn without knowing what villain could have at all. :f_cool:
    • coreynz
      coreynz
      Bronze
      good fold i think. to reraise destroys any showdown value as it would only get weaker hands to fold and isolate better hands imo...i think their is room for personal reads though if you think villian is capable of reraise bluffing the a high board as you only bet just over half the pot on the flop....if opponent is ultra aggressive you could try to use as a bluff catcher maybe check/call the turn to induce a bluff, if you think he is bluffing there...im not sure thoughtd on the induce line their?