[NL2-NL10] NL25 FR - JJ on BB

• Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is BB with Jh, Jc (Comment)
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.00, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 8h, 6c, 9d (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.75, Hero raises to $4.50, MP1 calls $2.75.

Turn: ($11.10) 5s (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: ($11.10) 6d (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $17.10

did i play this all wrong??
      i dont know how i should play it but i think i could have lost more
      is this an acceptable format to post the hand?
      tnx :f_grin:
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Format is ok but not great, it's quite difficult to read since there are no colors and everything but it's doable. We also lack the stack sizes of the players, which is very important.

As for the hand I would just check/call the flop, MP1 raised from quite early position and nearly pot c-bet a board that usually wouldn't really suit him with the hands we beat. AQ/AK hands and other random whiffed overcards usually aren't thrilled to c-bet these textures, let alone c-bet that big, and the other hands in his range are doing very well against us. QQ+/99/88/66 are all ahead and have us 2-outing, we beat 77/TT and tie with JJ. It's not a situation in which we should be looking to put a lot more money into the pot by raising.

As played the rest is fine given the odds you're getting on the river, also it's pretty damn hard for him to show up with a bluff. If he had 77 or a set he likely would have bet the turn again after you checked, I think that leaves mostly TT+ in his range. You're a ~3:1 dog against that range, so assuming he will make that smallish valuebet with everything including TT, you're getting the right price to look him up. If you think he doesn't make that $3 bet with TT, it's a very clear fold regardless of you getting 3.5:1 on a call.

Hope it helps.