vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands

Hero: $25.80

25 100 25 7
      MP3: $26.50
      1.5 100 20 28

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6d, 5c (Comment)
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, MP3 calls $0.75, 4 folds.

Flop: ($1.85) 7s, 8s, 4s (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $0.75, MP3 raises to $2.25, Hero raises to $5.25, MP3 calls $3.00.

Turn: ($12.35) 8c (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $5.00, MP3 raises to $11.75, Hero raises to $19.80 (All-In), MP3 calls $8.05.

River: ($51.95) 7h (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $51.95

probably should have folded preflop but how do you play this from the flop onwards?
      tnx
  • 2 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Why are you raising 65o in MP2 at a 9 handed table? Pretty weak I think.

So we get called preflop and the flop brings us 3 spades and a straight.

What is his calling range preflop? It can easily contain 88, 77, 44. Maybe something like KQss, AQss?

So given this, I think villian is very likely to be strong here when he raises us. Makes me think the 3bet on the flop is pretty bad as he's repping such a strong range.

Turn is a fold too. He isn't raising and getting it in with something we beat here I think. If he has TT/JJ with one spade he's got to be worried about us showing up with AJ+ss and wont call a shove.

Generally speaking this was a poorly played hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Why are you raising 65o in MP2 at a 9 handed table? Pretty weak I think.

So we get called preflop and the flop brings us 3 spades and a straight.

What is his calling range preflop? It can easily contain 88, 77, 44. Maybe something like KQss, AQss?

So given this, I think villian is very likely to be strong here when he raises us. Makes me think the 3bet on the flop is pretty bad as he's repping such a strong range.

Turn is a fold too. He isn't raising and getting it in with something we beat here I think. If he has TT/JJ with one spade he's got to be worried about us showing up with AJ+ss and wont call a shove.
      I agree. Fold preflop, c-bet bigger on the flop, don't 3-bet the flop, fold the turn. Villain doesn't really look like somebody who would play a nut draw that fast to begin with, probably not even a set on such a scary board.

Hope it helps.