[NL2-NL10] NL25 SH BSS monsterdraw in a paired board

• degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $45,60
      Hero:
      $26,03
      BB:
      $33,65

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:diamond: , T:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,25, Hero calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, BB raises to $1,50, MP2 calls $1,25, CO folds, Hero calls $1,25, SB folds.

Flop: ($5,00) J:diamond: , J:spade: , Q:diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $2, MP2 calls $2,00, Hero raises to $12,00, BB folds, MP2 raises to $44,10 (All-In), Hero raises to $24,53 (All-In).

Turn: ($75,63) 5:diamond:
      River: ($75,63) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $75,63

don't know if it was right played to this board, got lucky with the turn card, but didn't have many outs in the end..
  • 5 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Hi

I would fold preflop coz u r often dominated with this hand. Flop is tricky here I think. Having str8flushdraw makes u slight favorite on the river (1:1.2) if he got pair, but there's several concerns. U have low str8 draw, so I think its save to discount 1 out also u got mid flush draw 1 discounted out imo. Obviously u dont have any fold equity since he goes allin. Last thing is paired board if he got trips chances of winning are reduced by his full house draw. I would fold here to allin from unknown opponent.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I only play this kind of hands for straightdraws / flushdraws / trips / FH (especially against 2 villains) and I had the position here so thought I could call it preflop? Maybe I should call the flop bet (since I definetly get the odds there) and hope to improve on turn ?
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Ive done some PokerStove sims and its coinflip more or less. I ve changed my mind ;) . I didnt spot that u put half ur stack, so call is the right choice i guess.
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      I'd raise first time around. By which hands are we dominated preflop, rubysilesia? We're obviously not looking to flop a TP hand.

Anyway, this way of playing is high variance play. I'd raise the flop as well and call the push because we got commited. You're usually not getting action if you just call the flop and then fire on the turn when you hit your flush/straight, unless he's sitting there with a boat. He is obviously folding this flop more times than not as well or calling, which can result in a freecard if you don't hit.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi degnic!

Nice hand! Preflop call is correct because of implied odds and flop play is good as well. With a straightflushdraw it's a coinflip - as already pointed out. Since you commited half of your stack already (which is correct, too) you have to go all-in.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81