HU SNG - at what limit to start?

• andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Hello, i'm thinking about giving it a try to HU SNG's. My "weapons" are:
      - something like 2000 9man SNG's;
      - i know SAGE;
      - i know that Nash Equilibrium can be found somewhere;
      - i've read Moshman's book on SNG's and Kill Everyone (and ordered Moshman's book on HU, will arrive in about a month).
      - i have played like 10 1euro HU SNG and i am pretty confortable i can beat them with what i know.

Anyway, i have the bankroll for 10$ BI. Do you think i should jump into this limit or start lower?

And some let's say auxiliary question, is it a good idea after all to run from the SNG variance to HU?
  • 8 replies
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      I personally would not jump at the highest limit I have a proper bankroll for. I would start at a very low limit and get used to multitalbe like 4 HU snGs. I tried it a few times but it was hard for me to get used too. So I would start with that and then maybe start a mix of SnGs of up to 5$..
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by pinnryder
      I personally would not jump at the highest limit I have a proper bankroll for. I would start at a very low limit and get used to multitalbe like 4 HU snGs. I tried it a few times but it was hard for me to get used too. So I would start with that and then maybe start a mix of SnGs of up to 5$..
      Do not start learning headsup by multi tabling......this is an absolute must that you don't do that.

Start at the $5's they are really easy to beat and the $10's are not much harder.

Play where you feel comfortable, yo do not need as many buyins for heads up so 30 buyins is ok if you are willing to move down if you lose 10
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      I didn't actually advised to learn HU by multitabling but from his post I assumed that he already knows how to play heads up and therefore starting with more than one table at the micro limits is not a bad idea to learn to make decisions faster than in the 9man SnGs...
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      The first sentance in his post kind of gives it away. There is no point multi tabling headsup until you are at a point where you are comfortable at the level and do not want to move up
    • NietzscheF
      NietzscheF
      Bronze
      HU sng are a good grind, but it could be getting boring pretty soon. I recommend atleast 50BI behind, cause they can be really swingy. However at the lower levels (1 us/10us) 30 BI is fine 2.
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      If you have the roll for $10s, play them, not much difference between them and the $5s... be prepared to move down if you need, but if you keep a solid BRM you shouuld be fine... IMO 20BI max for the micros... nittier as you get to $50+
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I'm thinking about starting to 1 table 20$ sng's, and study Moshman on HU.

And if i have a downswing of 30BI then i don't beat 20$ ( i've never seen winning player have more then 20-22BI downswings).

I will try to go up to 2tabling as fast as i can and stay there. Decent plan?
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      play 1 table,you have way more edge on opponent and can induce whatewer you want from opponent....