This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Cake 6-Max Super Turbo's

• Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      I've been playing a few of these lately because they're good fun and I've been getting some good results.

I have a question though - There is a particular reg who pushes a very wide range in strange spots, T6o UTG 4 handed anyone? Is it profitable to call this player with a much wider range of hands?

I mean, if he's pretty much pushing any two, is it profitable to call with hands like QTo.. Not particularly strong hands but hands that are well ahead of a lot of his pushing range? I have called him light a few times, sometimes it's paid off and sometimes not but everytime I've called I've been ahead and he's had to hit the flop to win. I just don't know if it's the right thing to do, i think maybe not?
  • 4 replies
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      Obviously it's correct for you to call and if you were ahead every time you called him it obviously was the right thing to do as well...
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      All depends on the chip stacks, if you are not the chip leader 4 handed by a good margin then it is a very big mistake to call with anything other than premium hands.

Give some examples if you can find the hand history and we can tell you either way
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Depends on prize structure and each player's stacksize. QTo is probably too weak to call even against 100% push range in many spots because of bubble-effect.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Cheers for the replies.

Trying to find the HH would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack so don't have a specific hand to show you but generally I am a shorty in these situations because I don't really get active until I am down to about 10bb's. 1st place gets $11.70 and 2nd $6.30 for a $3.30 buy in.

The blinds go up every 2 mins and this particular reg is quite laggy and so usually when he gets to 4 handed he is the big stack... He shoves very wide in strange spots. Like, I never see him shoving Ax from btn lol it always seems to be some trash from UTG/MP and I'm generally on btn or in the blinds. My main reason for calling light is he often puts me in a position where I have to because he keeps shoving and others might double and leave me out to dry so once i'm heading toward being the shorty I feel I have to call with anything in the top half of his pushing range.

I did think that this is potentially bad in the long run but wasn't sure.