NL25 Stats

• Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      hello...
      I´ve been playing for almost 7 months now, and for the first 4 months, I had some sucess, reaching a bank roll that made me jump one step to NL25.
      For the last 3 months, things started going wrong, and I´ve stopped winning at all. As a result I´m down U$ 350,00 without any big bad beats. Simply losing blinds and pre flop bets, because cards just dont come and when they do( rarely) , the other guy beats me.
      It can be just a big downswing, or bad playing, or whatever...

I´m playing strictly according to your BS starting hands charts, and I´m trying hard to play well, no matter what happens on the tables, without any crazy moves, or passive playing.Yet, my averages are "flops seen" 11% and "hands won" 5%, WSD 6% which looks very low to me.

What I would like to know is what is a decent average "flop seen % " and
      " hands won%", so that I can try to identify what is going on.
      I would appreciate any comments.
  • 7 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Gungunhana!

From my point of view these stats are not normal. The "hands won at showdown" value and the WSD value seem to be way to low. I recommend that you post some of your hands in the sample hands board to get advice from other players and to find your weaknesses. That should help to improve your game and your stats.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Hi Puschkin81, thanks for the prompt answer.
      I thought so... But the main trouble is , I think, 11% flops seen. Playing accordingly to the starting hands charts, it should be about 25% isnt it? That should improve the other figures.
      The trouble is that I don´t seem to get cards to play. It could be just a big downswing.
      I wouldn´t have many hands to post because I spend hrs folding trash hands preflop.
      Anyway i´ll keep at it and see if it improves.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      How many hands did you play yet? And was it fullring or shorthanded?
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      By now, 21K, FR.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      The sample size isn't that big, but anyway: I don't think that your flops seen value is too small. I am more concerned about your WSD and your hands won % value. Just try to post some hands. Maybe other players can help you.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      Looking at my stats from a few days ago, sample size of 2,179 hands, following almost 100% strict SSS, my played hands percentage is 7.66%.

I find when I get dry runs, I'm tempted to play more hands not always from their correct position. Do not do this. You may also be tempted to over slow play vulnerable hands to gain back some money, but again, don't do it. As an example, AA is a vulnerable hand. Always bet at least half the pot here (bet at least the pot most of the time especially with BSS) unless you have a very good read on your opponent's cards. (If in doubt, assume you don't, it can cost you a lot of money and wins if you do.)

Something I always try to remember when playing poker. Not a lot of players are bad players, in fact many of them know what to do. A lot of the 'bad players' you see are those who aren't disciplined enough to make the correct moves when they're on dry runs or bad beats. (aka tilting) Don't be one of those players.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Hi Altruist,

Thanks for the tips.
      I´m playing BSS,and my main problem is that dry runs are a constant lately and I lose a lot of preflop bets because my hands just don´t flop (WSD is 6%) .
      Maybe it is just a big downswing. I´ll keep at it and see if it goes away.
      Regards