The Elephant Prohibition

• ZyQux
      ZyQux
      Bronze
      Hello,

Elephant is a great tool for poker but don't you think is going to be prohibited in the most popular poker rooms?

To be more accurate, I would like to mention the Fulltilt poker rules. They state that any tool which extract real time situation in order to suggest a decision for a player is prohibited.

Maybe The Elephant is already restricted? Please inform me because this my first day of using it and I don't want to have my funds confiscated on Fulltilt poker.

I heard that there is at least 3 types of these tools: Mathematical, Empirical, Operative. So please answer what type is Elephant and how about Full Tilt?
  • 4 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/prohibited_programs.php

Full Tilt allows programs like Elephant. Several examples are given:
      * Poker Tracker
      * Poker Academy Prospector
      * Holdem Manager
      * Poker Office
    • cuxcux
      cuxcux
      Bronze
      actually, i got this response from them

Hello xxx,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.

Pokerstrategy elephant is not permitted on the Full Tilt site as it falls under this rule, those that calculate hand strength and make recommendations on betting actions during play or tournament end-game analyzers. While some poker programs are legitimate teaching tools, they can only be used while logged out of the Full Tilt Poker software. The use of any software or website that gives players an unfair advantage is not allowed.
      and so on...

as i understand, u can use it only if FT is not open, and you can import hands in which u were involved..

:(
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by cuxcux
      actually, i got this response from them

[I]Hello xxx,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.

Pokerstrategy elephant is not permitted on the Full Tilt site as it falls under this rule, those that calculate hand strength and make recommendations on betting actions during play or tournament end-game analyzers.
      :( [/quote]None of the software above does that. tmk, Elephant, PT, or HEM cannot calcualte hand strength nor can it make recommendations, therefore it would NOT qualify under that definition.
    • cuxcux
      cuxcux
      Bronze
      then why did they say specifically elephant is not permitted? u guys till use it?