which game can generate the most rake? FL CG?

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hi, im interested to find out which game can generate most rake as i'm intending to grind for blackmember + rakeback. from what i gathered so far, the game seems to be fix limit cash games? so what limits can one grind effectively? and what kind of rake rate are we looking at? i'm only "good" in NLHE, fish around abit at PLO but know nuts regarding FL, hope to get some more insights on the metagame as it seems to be alittle difficult to play. think it is always good to learn a new game

and no thanks to advices along the lines of "you should learn to be a winning player instead of trying to earn from rake". trying to make a living out of poker, i'll take whatever pays that me off the most(most +ve EV)
  • 5 replies
    • MrEnig
      MrEnig
      Bronze
      NLO/8 imho. But it also means that you'll be able to play less tables.. not that easy to read the situation "spot on" if you only have a split of a second to decide what to do. So not really sure if it's better to have less tables with higher avg/pot or more tables with a bit lower avg/pot.

Tryed playing FL.. maybe it was a coincidence but it was taking considerably longer to play a hand, which translated into a lower hand/hour ratio. Was not really enjoying that and never went back.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      When i need to make points i play FL SH. However i played microstakes and i don't know the structure of the rake at higher limits or the opponents.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      FL cash is indeed great for grinding on 5-8 tables.. don't expect to have a positive winrate, but you'll be in the green after RB bonuses, etc.

that is if you dont suck, obv. lol
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      the first SNE of the year played hyper turbo SNGs. seems like SNG is the way to go if on pokerstars since they dont limit the tables? is that so? the thought of being a SNE is so sick...
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Sit and Go's, by far.