Kariyou77 - Playing for fun or to become a pro?

• Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I have a poker blog in the Swedish community since I'm a Swedish youngster.

I signed up for Pokerstrategy on my 18th birthday, 22 April 2009.

In July 2009 I had 12,74$ left and I played some MTT's for that money. I won a 1$ MTT and got around 200$.

I started to play the jackpot SnG's at ipoker and was very close once, I was so close that I missed the jackpot because a SnG was started before my 5th winning. I thought I had 5 in a row but it was 2 minutes between the 5th I won and the one I lost. So it was 1 1 1 1 5 1 and not 1 1 1 1 1 5 as I thought.

After about a month I had around 450$ and transferred 330$ to Cake to play SH Turbo SnG 6,6$

It went very well and i think it was in October I had 8$1,5k and I was playing a lot of MTT's like some event in FTOPS and WCOOP (I busted Jason Mercier and feeded Ivan Demidov, but that's another story) and so on. I even were in Ireland and played in a live tournament because I won a package at Ladbrokes via Pokerstrategy.

In November I started to play bad or was running bad, I even cannot remember now. I took a break from poker and was in Thailand and I also went for skiing with my girlfriend in Sweden.

I think it was in February this year I started to play again. I played at Cake in the beginning and I think I'm around $2k plus there from the 330$ I started with.
      If you still are reading you have come to the main point of my first poker blog in the English community.

Right now am I playing at redkings and I'm playing 33$ SH Turbo SnG. I started at 22$ sometime in Mars and after a while had enough $$$ to 54$ so I went up but I had to go down to 33$ again and there I stayed.

My BR were at 2,8k a week before easter but I've been in a huge downsving and now it's about 2k I think.

Metod:

BR: ~2000$
      BRM: 50BI
      Site: Redkings
      Game: SnG SH Turbo 5-manna
      Level: 2
      Multitabling: 6st
      Length of session: As long as I can concentrate 100%
      Rakeback: Not an instant RB but for now I have a bonus corresponding to 50%

Levels:

Nivå 1: 20+2$
      Nivå 2: 30+3$
      Nivå 3: 50+4$

Goal:

Have at least 5 % roi at level 2
      Have at least 5 % roi at level 3
      Move up to level 3 at 2700$

Become Platina member
      Become Diamant member

Contingency plan:

Move down to level 1 at 880$
      Move down to level 2 at 1320$

Oi Oh, let's go Oi Oh, let's go!
  • 63 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Cool good luck Kariyou my friend!

Just started my own SNG journey and its not going very well but im gonna battle through and one day be up to your levels so watch ur back lol ;)

Hope you succeed in whatever you try and keep us posted!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      two blogs doubles the fun for me! :D

Good luck babe, you know I believe in you! :heart:
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      Thank you! And good luck to you, I hope to see you at my table soon :)

Naaw baby! I believe in you to :heart:

I've played a few today in school and I'm still in my downsving and it's really getting bored. I'm back around 6BI tot this day after 19 SnG's.
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      I've played another 8 or 9 SnG's on a short break here in school and now I start to think that this is a sick downsving... I have been outdrawn way to much in about 500 SnG's now. I'm starting to get tired of it but I play along.
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      I played a total of 43 SnG's today and it's still red numbers, I'm back around 7BI for today.

I have a lot of SnG's to analyse in HEM but it feels good when I'm playing and I analysed 60 SnG's in school and it seemed that I play my standard play.
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      I only played 14 SnG's today and I lost another 3BI.

Me and a friend of mine analysed those 14 SnG's and we find 1 or 2 discussable hands but no one easy to say if it was good or not.

Now I'm going to play dota with him :)
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      i was playing maybe 5 dotas before starting playing poker again, dota is definitelly -EV :D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Let's make a deal sir!

First of all welcome!

But the deal is this:

I read & post in your blog and in return you give me either 1) an Absolut Vodka bottle, 2) Snus? or three (and this is what I prefer) une Femme de Suez :D

On a serious note, good luck with SnGs and keep on improving your game :)
      RedKings huh? Got a sick VIP% there then?
    • xcyberkidx
      xcyberkidx
      Bronze
      oh...u guys can have so many SNG per day???

4x sth....

i max can only have few (less than 10) per day..haha

really tire...haha...i am old...
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      @BOBOsvk: Ok, yeah of course it is -EV ;) But it's good to relax a bit sometimes.

@Gerv: You can have my girldfriend as long as you read and post ;)

Thank you, I hope I can get at +%roi at 33$ soon. I'm really in a downsving and that's not whine. But I can improve my game indeed.

Haven't looked my VIP% yet, have only played a bit over 500 SnG's there.

@xcyberkidx: I thik it's to few actually, I will try to get at least 1000 SnG's every month as a start. SnG player needs huge volume imo.
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      I've played some MTT's today.

One of them was the qualification to Monte Carlo to play with 14 other qualifiers and 3 Pokerstars pros about 3 package to EPT Monte Carlo and the 1st in that tourney also gets a contract with pokerstars worth $50 000.

I finished in top4 and got myself a nice little ticket!

Like I care about downsving ;)
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      I had a winning day yesterday =)

I played 54 SnG's and won exactly 100$ , when I write my winnings I don't count my rakeback in.

Right now I'm back 900$ at SnG's with 33$ as BI. If I count y rakeback in I'm something over 200$ plus I think!

But I have a -4,8% at 569 SnG's, this percentage I'll change to +5% when reaching 2000 games!!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Like I said in skype, congratz babe! I hope you have a great time in Monte Carlo and I hope you ship the contract! :f_biggrin: :f_love:
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      Thanks baby :heart: I hope so to but I think I'm already a winner who get the opportunity to go there! =)
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Sure thing, I'm very jealous... =)
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      I really hope my girlfriend can join me =)
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Kariyou77
      I really hope my girlfriend can join me =)
      I hope she can't... cuz you'd obv bring me instead if she couldnt :f_biggrin: ;)
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      Of course! =)

I've played 71 SnG's over 4,5h today and I'm back like 0,5BI.

I think I played them pretty good, maybe to loose in some of them. I really need to sit down and analyse them all but it is so good damn boring.

To sad that I can't run HEM in offline mode, or can I?

I ordered my flight ticket today as well, it costs me 400€ to get to Monte Carlo and back and I can't complain about that, that is cheap!
    • Kariyou77
      Kariyou77
      Bronze
      Here I sit, had an jaw surgery yesterday and now I look like a hamster. Every bite I take feels like a nice roundhouse kick to my cheek.

I'm not in school today and now I'm, going to watch the film "Blood Diamond" once more because I'm out of new films. The rest of the day I'll try to spend at poker and some maths.