Mentor

• xfar
      xfar
      Global
      Hello all :) . I've been playing poker for like 5months or so. I made first deposit then 2nd than 3rd... And everytime I deposited 10 or 20$ I had this idea in my head about something new that I will do in order to become millionaire :) . Well all the times I FAILED. I failed brutally. Now I have a bankroll of 45$ in Stars and I am going to bust it for sure. But I really need somebody who's willing to teach me to play poker, I am more of a SNG- MTT player but still. I'm looking for someone who will do it and wants to do it. I know that almost nobody admits this, but I didnt win from poker so far - I lost probably 100$ or 150$. Which is sad, I dont want to be the person paying the other guys vacations and entertainmens, I want to make profit out of this. If any1 agrees to help me I would be very happy. I am ready to follow every instruction he/she gives me strictly. I hope someone who's experienced SNG, MTT player will agree to teach me, someone who's mastering low limit SNGs or Medium. Thanks alot guys, waiting for your answers,
      Cheers :)
  • 5 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      study study study!

I dont know how much you already do this but in my opinion the best thing for your game right now would be reading and re-reading the articles for what ever game type you play. also dont think about the money at this stage just find the game you enjoy the most and then practise like mad at getting good at it. Experience is probably the best mentor you will get at the minute :)

Dont forget to post hands aswel so you can start to find your own weaknesses

Hope this helps a little bit
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      study study studying is a good idea but its boring! :evil: hardly a hobby :P

but what you should do is watch videos of sngs played by the coaches here in the video section and listen (carefully) to the things they say and try them in your own game...
      but dont just watch 1 video....watch about 2 every day for a few weeks and then you will play better
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      oh yeh lol videos i always forget about them even though i watch em most days :f_biggrin:
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I doubt anyone will mentor you... If there's someone capable of doing this, that means he is good enough to make a lot of money by playing himself, so I dont see a lot of reasons for anyone to do it for free. ;)

This site offers you everything you need to crush micro & small stakes and become solid winner in midstakes. If you cant do it on your own, noone can do it for/instead of you imo..
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I completely agree with opal. Ur asking for a lot and considering everyone works very hard to even make it into the midstakes there's very little chance of anyone offering all of the time and effort they put into creating the knowledge and experience for free. Poker creates a very competitive and selfish world where nothing can be got easily.

End of the day, if u'll really want to become a poker millionaire nothing will stop u from achieving that, but it'll take years of effort and hard work to even come close. If u can't see urself do everything it takes and can't even find motivation in giving it ur all then it's probably best u follow a different path.