$10.00
      BB:
      $12.15
      UTG1:
      $11.70
      UTG2:
      $11.00

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J.
      UTG1 raises to $0.30, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, 6 folds, UTG1 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.95) 8, 9, T (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG1 calls $1.50.

Turn: ($4.95) 6 (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $2.50, UTG1 raises to $9.30, Hero calls $6.80.

River: ($23.55) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.55.

First of all 3bet against unknown on NL10 is ok? There is so many abd players. I believe it`s a +ev move, cuz I am taking down pot pf so many times.
      While on this subject I have a question. When up against a rock, if he would have reraised me... Is that worth calling? Cuz I find myself quite a few times hu against a nit who has AK+ and JJ+ so if I get reraised and I call with e.g. JJ or QQ what am I really hoping for, two outers or strong draws? Is it worth calling if you know u r way behind and than hope for a miracle?
      Anyway back to the hand. I have 10 outs on flop to improve to a nuts. His check behind/call is funky and had me questioning would he play a QQ+ like this on a drawy board? Now turn is interesting. I probably should have bet bigger and therefore commit myself. His push is really strange. If he has me beat he is really scared of that heart, I don`t see any other explanation for that shove. And if he is semi bluffing I am considering him having JT, QT, KT, AT maybe 9T? Anyways with place to improve I see myself ahead here to many times that is why i called.
  • 3 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Calling 4bets is bad, so if he reraised I'm either shoving/folding (folding against an unknown almost always). It's different if you're 200bb deep as calling a 4bet with this hand can be okay but you'll most likely get yourself into tough situations postflop.

You said you have 10 outs to a "nuts" type hand but I'd see it more as 8 outs, as the 2 jacks left can easily improve you're opponents QQ or something.

As for how it played out, I think you played it decently. Although I'd probably check back the turn myself for pot control and bet a good river.

I think the turn is a fold to be honest. I just don't see him raising with anything we beat.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      yeah I meant 8... my bad...
      well I had only 25 hands on him ... but dude was a calling station.. he confirmed that in later hands...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      JJ against 4-bet, against rock it is usually best to fold, but I won´t really 3-bet first place JJ, but rather call and play postflop
      turn play: you have two options
      - either b7c since he can c/rai there with worse hands
      - or check back turn for bet control and call likely river bet
      if you don´t know the player then I´d probably check back flop, since I´m not sure he´d call me down smt like AT and if I´m not going to bet turn and shove river then I´d prefer just check back turn