This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ(mp1), oesd + overpair on flop, fr

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):
      $13.05
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $19.75
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $12.15
      UTG1:
      $11.70
      UTG2:
      $11.00

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J.
      UTG1 raises to $0.30, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, 6 folds, UTG1 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.95) 8, 9, T (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG1 calls $1.50.

Turn: ($4.95) 6 (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $2.50, UTG1 raises to $9.30, Hero calls $6.80.

River: ($23.55) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.55.

First of all 3bet against unknown on NL10 is ok? There is so many abd players. I believe it`s a +ev move, cuz I am taking down pot pf so many times.
      While on this subject I have a question. When up against a rock, if he would have reraised me... Is that worth calling? Cuz I find myself quite a few times hu against a nit who has AK+ and JJ+ so if I get reraised and I call with e.g. JJ or QQ what am I really hoping for, two outers or strong draws? Is it worth calling if you know u r way behind and than hope for a miracle?
      Anyway back to the hand. I have 10 outs on flop to improve to a nuts. His check behind/call is funky and had me questioning would he play a QQ+ like this on a drawy board? Now turn is interesting. I probably should have bet bigger and therefore commit myself. His push is really strange. If he has me beat he is really scared of that heart, I don`t see any other explanation for that shove. And if he is semi bluffing I am considering him having JT, QT, KT, AT maybe 9T? Anyways with place to improve I see myself ahead here to many times that is why i called.
  • 3 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Calling 4bets is bad, so if he reraised I'm either shoving/folding (folding against an unknown almost always). It's different if you're 200bb deep as calling a 4bet with this hand can be okay but you'll most likely get yourself into tough situations postflop.

You said you have 10 outs to a "nuts" type hand but I'd see it more as 8 outs, as the 2 jacks left can easily improve you're opponents QQ or something.

As for how it played out, I think you played it decently. Although I'd probably check back the turn myself for pot control and bet a good river.

I think the turn is a fold to be honest. I just don't see him raising with anything we beat.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      yeah I meant 8... my bad...
      well I had only 25 hands on him ... but dude was a calling station.. he confirmed that in later hands...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      JJ against 4-bet, against rock it is usually best to fold, but I won´t really 3-bet first place JJ, but rather call and play postflop
      turn play: you have two options
      - either b7c since he can c/rai there with worse hands
      - or check back turn for bet control and call likely river bet
      if you don´t know the player then I´d probably check back flop, since I´m not sure he´d call me down smt like AT and if I´m not going to bet turn and shove river then I´d prefer just check back turn