[NL2-NL10] [NL100 SH] Deep with bottom boat

• howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Villain is relatively unknown, a bit loose by stats but I haven't observed his play in any big pots. I think I missed value but I was very conscious that my hand was a little transparent. JT beats me, JJ beats me, against anything else reasonable I'm good. The min reraise looks like a big hand of course (well, it's almost certainly a big hand), which may or may not include JJ. I suppose I'm inclined to say not, but it would normally be a reraise there, just not a minimum reraise.

I was really hoping for a raise on the flop, then shove on this fairly drawy board. Betting both the turn and river is compulsory with this much money behind, but I think my bets were maybe too small, suspiciously small even perhaps, I played scared a little. I don't get a lot of deep practice and am uncomfortable against opponents whose requirements to stack off are unknown.

Opinions?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $342.28
      Hero:
      $215.90

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3:spade: , 3:diamond:
      Hero raises to $4.00, BU folds, SB raises to $8.00, BB folds, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($17.00) J:spade: , 3:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $14, SB calls $14.00.

Turn: ($45.00) T:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $30, SB calls $30.00.

River: ($105.00) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $50
  • 2 replies
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      On what range did you put him on? As you said that he is fairly loose (what is his pfr and AF, btw). Any note how is he playing the draws and monsters? Readless I'd bet more on the turn, in case he's on a draw. By the river I really can't give him credit for a monster. I might bet a bit more on the river as well. Anyway the way he played it, my guess is that he ended folding on the river?
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I didn't put him on a range, obviously (stats are in the post, look again; the aggression factor's even not too far off this time, actual value is 2.14... I notice now that fold big blind (to steal, presumably) and attempt to steal are completely wrong though, another grab'em bug). That's dangerous thinking against an opponent whose play you haven't really seen much of (I have only SEVEN showdowns from him in my database, and obviously I didn't see most of those at the time because I was multitabling). The hands I considered most likely were JJ+, AK but I couldn't really rule much out. Getting value from overpairs is my primary concern in this hand

"Bet more on the turn, in case"... he hits a straight flush? I _want_ him to draw if he's got a drawing hand.

I left out the action after my river bet intentionally, it's part of the results as the rest of the play is automatic. There's $100 behind at that point and the pot's $150. If he raises, I call, if he calls or folds there's no more action. What he did might bias analysis.