Middle position Ace + suited face card

Bronze
      What I understand from the starting hands chart is that AT+ from middle position has to be folded as long as someone in front of me has called. How do you play ATs+ from the middle position if someone has already called? Do you call as you would with any other suited face cards like QKs,QTs etc. or is it worth a raise?
  • 1 reply
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      On the micro stakes I tend to assume they are limping trash. Isolating them even with such a hand as 87 suited is often a powerful play. Even if they call they will miss the flop most of the time and you can take the pot down in position with a cbet. ATs is a particularly strong hand to make this type of play. Most players like to raise with AK AQ AJ so chances are they are in there with some kind of trash hand like KJ or A4 suited and you will make big profit by raising ATs in that spot.

Just make sure you are confident in your postflop play before doing it. Be honest; if you are new to poker then it is not a big mistake to fold here. It is not hard to beat the micro stakes just playing a super tight range.