Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $12,50
      CO:
      $10,15

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:diamond: , A:diamond:
      CO raises to $0,30, BU folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BB folds, CO calls $0,70.

Flop: ($2,10) 8:club: , 5:heart: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,20, CO calls $1,20.

Turn: ($4,50) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($4,50) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2,80, Hero calls $2,80.

Final Pot: $10,10

CO is constantly stealling my blinds, So I thougt this is a good spot to 3bet and there is a big chance that he folds.

flop = standard.
      Turn I hit a card and decide to check/call it against a small bet and fold against a big one.

River I check again and he bet on a 5 I think this 90% of the time a bluff because a 5 is not in his range and a good card did he bet on the turn.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Tough spot without knowing more about the villain I can't really say, it depends a lot on how good he is at hand reading and how often he likes to "pot-control".

The things that bothers me the most are:

- if somehow he was floating you on the flop with some air/draw, it would be a good time for him to actually bluff the turn when you check it. the fact that he didn't skews his range more towards a made hand since nothing really "missed": T9s/97s has a pair, QT/T7s/76s got there, other 8x hands have no reason to bet even if it's T8s.

- if he doesn't have air on the turn then he's betting for value on the river. I don't think players at nl10 are good enough to valuebet a worse 9x ever, so I can only see him show up with the occasional 5x, some pot-controlled Jx top pairs and a few slowplayed big hands that figured you were check/folding the turn.

So overall either he's bad and he's merging there with something like 8x/9x when there is virtually no chance he's getting called by worse, or he's goodish/tricky and you're getting valuebet by Jx/slowplayed stuff.

Hopefully it makes sense in the reasoning and can help even if it doesn't give you a definitive answer without further reads.