Recent tourney frustration

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hey guys, writting this to let u guys know of my anger at my mtt results.

I am a very good mtt player, but can't seem to make it to the final table. Here are last results of games pld.

Full Tilt - Sunday Brawl - 3400/4000 / -256$ Lost with AA to 10-10

Full tilt - 300k guaranteed 19/860 / buy in 300 dollars, profit 900 dollars, lost with aq to a-j, had good stack, guy that beat me won tourney.

Full tilt, 100k guaranteed, 30/2000/ buy in 115 dollars profit 600 dollars. lost with qq to a-q.

Pokerstars sunday million - 200/13000, buy in 215 dollars, profit 800 dollars. Lost with KK to a-3

Pokerstars 100k guaranteed, 15/1300, buy in 150 profit 700, lost with ak to ak he hit a flush.

Pokerstars sunday million, lost 300/20000- buy in 215, profit 800 lost with aa to a-10, he hit a str8.

Pokerstars 100k guaranteed, 40/2000 lost with ak to a-4, profit 500 dollars.

Now as can be seen, I very often make it to the late stages in tourneys playing for hours, just to get sucked out by fish and it's gotten extremly frustrating. I've never reached the final table in a big mtt because of suckouts, and the lucky donks that beat me seem to be the ones that win the tourneys aswell. I've never won more than 2k even though being in late stages with by far best hand 100 percent of time and losing. Dunno what to say tbh, I am gonna explode how these fish making terrible calls and winning 30k + when I only get 1k and should of knocked them out, it's a joke. The tourneys played are in order and all from last month
  • 43 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      You are frustrated making profit in a high variance game where you can go up to 100 tournaments without cashing?
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Frustrated knowing the fact that to reach those stages is 1 in a 100 and I've made it 7 times out of 8 nly to lose where if only one of them didn't suck out on me I would have won shit loads. Trust me, being in my shoes is the most frustrating, knowing u should of won alot of money many times
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      pretty standard. Just be happy you are cashing and keep going deep. Sooner or later you will hit it big if you are allways ahead. I bet you got lucky atleast once in most of those tourneys to get that deep in the first place. Eventually it will work out as long as you have the bankroll to withstand the big buy ins
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Actually, went to late stages on all of them without a single show down.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NickSeraphim
      Frustrated knowing the fact that to reach those stages is 1 in a 100 and I've made it 7 times out of 8 nly to lose where if only one of them didn't suck out on me I would have won shit loads. Trust me, being in my shoes is the most frustrating, knowing u should of won alot of money many times
      How do you know you should of won a lot? You could of lost the next hand KK v AA. I know I whine a lot too when the results don't go my way but the only advice I can give it to keep working on your game and playing more tournaments. Your score will come soon enough.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Does this mean you've only played 8 games. Or have you lost approx. 92 games before this and ran hot over the last 8 games? Sure it sucks but they are pretty solid effort because those tourneys aren't soft.

I know the feeling of grinding out an MTT for 6-10hrs, only to get 2-3 tables away from FT. Feels like you've stayed for nothing but that big win will come.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'm not really sure what u expect to gain with this thread after reading ur OP. The one thing I've been able to read out of it is that u seem to be quite full of urself. Hard to add much else really.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Are you crazy? How do I know I should of won alot? If you don't understand, the last one was a 300 dollar buy in tourney and I was in last 18 and would of been chipleader. reaching the last 18 in a very big buy in tourney, being first place in a tourney with that little players remaining, I certainly would of cashed big. It was the first time I went to showdown in the whole tourney.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Are you crazy? How do I know I should of won alot? If you don't understand, the last one was a 300 dollar buy in tourney and I was in last 18 and would of been chipleader. reaching the last 18 in a very big buy in tourney, being first place in a tourney with that little players remaining, I certainly would of cashed big. It was the first time I went to showdown in the whole tourney.
      I don't think you get it. Just because you are chip leader with 18 to go gives you no reason to believe you would of cashed big. I am sure 2 all ins and you would be busted. You just can't say you would of won big if he didn't suck out.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      I'm not trying to sound cocky...I am trying to share my frustration with someone else in my sittuation and hoping for some advice to keep me going. I've always been a great mtt player, I reach the money almost half the time I play mtts, sort of my talent I guess. I know some players will find it annoying and me sounding big headed cause I am winning thousands ect, but it's not like that, it;s just reaching these last stages on a tourney of high such caliber, and people sucking out on you is extremly frustrating. I mean, the sunday mill had a 1.2 mill first place and I lost 200th place with a beast to a terrible hand! common, someone share the frustration.

To the other comment, I actually decided to focus abit on mtts from last month, those are all the mtts I pld after deciding to focus on it from a month ago. I just gotta stay focused I guess, keep on playing awesome poker and hopefully, my luck will change where it matters most.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      12th place got 2k, alone, is that not big? the bottom 6 players didn't have more than 5 bb, I would of had 150 bb. Please tell me my chances of winning atleast 2k are seriously low.
    • MrEnig
      MrEnig
      Bronze
      congratulations on your achievements.. I cant say I really know how you feel since I have not played too many MTT's, but one last month made me upset as well.

Dont remember how many entrants, but something around 1k. Some 5+ hours into the tourney we are down to 16 players. I gave AT, other guy has A9. Flop TT8, knowing the guy I trap and CALL his ALL IN. Turn + river rewards him with str8. Had a bit more chips than him, but it basically killed me and I only managed to crawl to 14th place @ 5:30AM. Reaching a final table was my aim since I was suffering a major streak of ugly variance at cash tables for 4 days already.. THAT SUCKED.

Nothing compared to your results anyways. I wish you to hold tight on your nerves and dont lose them!

Waiting to hear that you have hit a final table. You've got one week ;)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I'm not trying to sound cocky...I am trying to share my frustration with someone else in my sittuation and hoping for some advice to keep me going. I've always been a great mtt player, I reach the money almost half the time I play mtts, sort of my talent I guess. I know some players will find it annoying and me sounding big headed cause I am winning thousands ect, but it's not like that, it;s just reaching these last stages on a tourney of high such caliber, and people sucking out on you is extremly frustrating. I mean, the sunday mill had a 1.2 mill first place and I lost 200th place with a beast to a terrible hand! common, someone share the frustration.

To the other comment, I actually decided to focus abit on mtts from last month, those are all the mtts I pld after deciding to focus on it from a month ago. I just gotta stay focused I guess, keep on playing awesome poker and hopefully, my luck will change where it matters most.
      You may not be trying to sound cocky but you are coming across very cocky. Granted I haven't played many tournaments and I am not very good at them either. The times I have got deep (last two tables) I've been sucked out on by standard stuff AQ v A8, A9 v A8, AA v KK etc. I understand that you are only gonna win these like 3/5 times and AA 4/5 times. You should be able to handle them if you are playing tournaments because they are gonna happen so often it is unreal. One day you will win your flips and one day you will win your tournament. If you can't handle losing a 70/30, 80/20 I am not whether you should really be playing tournaments.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      After reading ur other posts nick I'm going to congratulate u on ur heater and wish u luck with whatever u decide to do next. It seems likely u have been/are heading to some sort of a tilt event that will likely end ur interest in these games. It is clear that ur attitude is not right and that u feel entitled to some things that are never guaranteed. I hope u get out in time.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Remember the fact that I said, was my first showdown. First showdown and having the guy dominated, while that guy just won 3 showdowns in a roll dominated and 4 including me. I mean...Common, I don't have the right to be pissed? FIRST SHOWDOWN! LAST 18! 40k First PRIZE!
    • saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      Congrats on your tournament winnings. And i feel your pain. If it makes you feel any better i think you have every right to be pissed, had the same thing happen to me, mind u mine was only a $20 buy-in MTT, and i was chip leader with only 2 tables left, it only took 2 hands back to back to knock me out. AK vs AQ, and 8's vs 7's and i was done.

Try to take comfort in the fact that you are consistantly playing your A game and your time will come.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      And now it is time for another PokerStrategy.com "did you know?"...

Poker is a game primarily of luck. Anything can and will happen in the short term. In order to remove luck from the equation you must have a very large sample size of more than 7 tournaments.

The best tournament players in the world can probably get an edge of about +200% on average in a big MTT like the sunday million. The fact that you have +911% is proof that you are actually running good.

But just in case you think you are not; let me continue to remind you that poker is a game of luck. Anything can and will happen.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Obviously you are a noob, which prob hasn't won a tourney in his life. I'm not being funny, but this is my last post on this site tbh, why am I even sharing my thoughts and my results with people that have no clue about the game, probably haven't even won more than 1k and if they have it prob has taken u months.

Since you guys are clueless about the game, you can't seem to get it out of your noob minds "You are lucky to be in that stage to beggin with" The fact that I "Was" there 7 times out of 8, regardless of luck or not, and losing all 7 of them, when I was huge favourite on all. The stakes I am playing is prob ur guys bankroll anyway. I'm kind of tired of you losers, have a good night.

PS finished second in another tourney last night 150 dollar buy in, was my first showdown and lost with a-k to a-3, still won, 18k should I complain?

This is my last post, I am done with this site, feel free to comment insults as it is all you can do, and just cry about how much of a "Noob" I am and show of your knowledge with your huge bankrolls. PS I won another 2k yesterday from cashgames. Don't ask my bankroll, you will cry!

Insult away with you 1k max bankrolls, while I achieved all this in 2 weeks of playing, already up 40k online. And no, not new to poker, just new regular to online. Have fun everyone, insult away, show of your amazing knowledge and 100 dollar bankrolls.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      i only read the first paragraph of your last post. i thought you wasnt trying to be big headed but you dont want to "share your thoughts with people who havent even won 1k yet"

OK stop sharing them.

Bye