Hi everyone!

I am Crom, a newcomer here at pokerstrategy and in poker aswell.
After playing poker on/off for a few years I decided to start playing/learning poker more seriously a few weeks back. I don´t have that much time yet until my mandatory military service ends around July. I got drawn into poker by a friend who managed to make it to thousands from C4A´s freerolls! I just met with his older brother who had just started to get into poker and so I thought maybe I should try to take poker seriously too. So thank you pokerstrategy for giving the starting capital and this huge knowledgebase at my disposal!!

I feel a bit bad for not reading all the articles yet ( just the bronze compeletely) but I´m confident, excited and anxious to learn and play poker !
I already think I have learned a lot: I used to TILT a lot in the past but not anymore. I understand that there is variance and that sometimes there just IS a helluva lot of it! :s_mad: I even compliment people who win a big pot from me, even if they win it with bad play ( like most times) and even if they don´t have chat on.

Currently I´m grinding NL 10 at everest with 5-6 tables to make the pokerstrategy 50$ my own: I´m already at 500 SP after 4-5 days so it´s going quite well. When I reach that target I will probably move to Full Tilt where I can get rakeback and a better bonus.

All in all I think my poker career has started quite nicely even though I hit a bad downswing already on my third day! It´s been a quite a rollercoaster since then, luckily I haven´t lost that much even though I´ve lost with all my AA and KK hands since. I don´t have Hold´em manager yet (,maybe I´ll get it free in the summer?) so I can´t know exactly how much I´m below the EV but I think I´m pretty close with 40-50$.

I´ve never written a blog before so I hope this didn´t come as bad as it probably is. There is about 30 I´s in this blog so it looks horrible but try to understand as english isn´t my first language :P

And now the first graphs/big hands, feel free to comment if you spot something going horribly wrong.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , Q:club:
4 folds, Hero raises to $0,35, 4 folds, BB calls $0,25.

Flop: ($0,75) 2:diamond: , Q:spade: , K:diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0,50, BB calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,75) 8:spade: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0,55, BB calls $0,55.

River: ($2,85) A:club: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $2,85, BB raises to $8,55 (All-In), Hero raises to $23,24 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $19,95

Results follow (highlight to see):
Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens (Ah Qc)
BB shows a straight, ace high (Js Td)

BB wins with a straight, ace high (Js Td)

I knew he was a bad player but this proved me he was lucky too!

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , A:club:
Hero raises to $0,20, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,60, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, MP3 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($2,15) 6:heart: , J:heart: , 7:heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($2,15) K:club: (2 players)
Hero bets $1,00, MP3 raises to $2,85, Hero raises to $4,92 (All-In), MP3 raises to $6,44 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($11,99) 3:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11,99

Hero shows a pair of aces (Ad Ac)
MP3 shows three of a kind, jacks (Js Jc)

MP3 wins with three of a kind, jacks (Js Jc)

How should I´ve played this one?
I knew he had a pair or AK, definitely not a flush but with no raise after flop I never thought he could have three of a kind or two pair. Would you have folded/called at turn?

And the most horrible hand ever....

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , 3:diamond:
UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0,10, UTG2 calls $0,10, 2 folds, BU raises to $0,20, SB folds, Hero calls $0,10, UTG1 calls $0,10, UTG2 calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,85) J:spade: , Q:diamond: , 3:club: (4 players)
Hero bets $0,30, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,30, BU raises to $2,05, Hero calls $1,75, UTG2 raises to $3,58 (All-In), BU calls $1,53, Hero calls $1,53.

Turn: ($11,59) 3:spade: (2 players)
Hero bets $7,51 (All-In), BU calls $3,64 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($18,87) K:diamond: (3 players)

Final Pot: $18,87

Hero shows a full-house, threes full of jacks (Jd 3d)
UTG2 shows two pairs, aces and threes (Ac Ad)
BU shows a full-house, kings full of threes (Ks Kh)

BU wins with a full-house, kings full of threes (Ks Kh)

chat: "well played sir"
maybe I was a bit sarcastic