[NL2-NL10] having trouble with AA, KK, QQ

• vedran2006
      vedran2006
      Bronze
      i lost lots of hands with this monsters. mostly against sets, and occasionally against flush on river.
      it seems hard for me to differentiate against flushdraws and made sets on flop, when i get reraised. how to cope with this. no PT3 so no any stats on opp.

here are some hands i won luckily but i wish to know if this was ok play or not.

Known players:   
      SB:
      $11,65
      BB:
      $11,76
      Hero:
      $11,26

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , A:club:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0,30, SB calls $0,25, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,90) 9:heart: , K:spade: , J:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,70, SB folds, BB raises to $1,50, Hero calls $0,80.

Turn: ($3,90) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $2,55, Hero raises to $9,46 (All-In), BB calls $6,91.

River: ($22,82) 8:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $22,82

this one i am not sure. he could be set, flushdraw rwo pair, anything should i fold?

Known players:   
      Hero:
      $8,64
      MP3:
      $25,50
      CO:
      $13,14

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , A:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,35, CO calls $0,35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,40, MP3 calls $1,05, CO folds.

Flop: ($3,20) 8:spade: , 9:spade: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2,40, Hero raises to $7,24 (All-In), MP3 calls $4,84.

Turn: ($17,68) 9:club:
      River: ($17,68) 4:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $17,68

i think this was probably ok, as i did put him on TPTK+flush draw which i am still up against 60:40 roughly
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I usually just fold the turn at that point without reads, he can credibly represent a lot of straights/two pairs hands as well as 99 and he apparently decide to go for a check/raise even tho it was 3-way. Even when you called he still barreled the turn but not really big enough to scare you, the overall line looks like he's trying to milk you really. I think it's common stack off at small/mid stakes against aggressive regs, but at nl10 mostly it's not worth risking the remaining $9.5, even if you're right most of the time he'll still have some monster draw that will end up winning the river 25% of the time.

Rebuy to 100bb.

There is no point in checking the flop if you're going to call it off anyway, if he's aggressive at all and he has a spade he'll jam it over your c-bet. I think you just need to c-bet to $2.1 or so and call it off against all but the tightest players.

Hope it helps.
    • vedran2006
      vedran2006
      Bronze
      1# yes i see a mistake in just calling his re-raise and giving him free card if i was going to push, but that is a problem as i was scared of set and was revaluating on turn. he bet weakish and figured he was milkin' me, or just hoping to hit a flush, either way tough all-in which turned fine.
      It seems to me that i have to buy PT3 for Fulltilt as i am in the dark mostly without any reads on player.

2# also i see a problem in checking the flop as i am giving him a free card if he has no K in his hand.
      i was on 100bb, he was on 7 something $
      i understand you points, well taken, thanks