[NL2-NL10] rush KK laydown

• Magijec
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.35, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0.65.

Flop: ($2.15) 7, Q, 3 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG2 raises to $4.00, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.65.

This maybe looks pretty stupid, but I had really strong feeling, that villain has Aces. I give him range TT+ and AQ+. What would he check raise like that? I dont think he would overplay AQ like that, TT, JJ and AK would be crazy. So there is QQ,KK and AA left. AA and QQ beats me and KK splits. Also we were both deepstacked. So I layed down my overpair on super dry board.
  • 3 replies
    • saywhat
      I could never lay that down on that board. Not sure whether to applaud you or slap some sense back into you.
      The only thing that really matters is that you believe you made the right choice.
    • vedran2006
      without reads, i think you made right decision.
      i lost too many times against AA (even i dont belive he had AA, as he probably would have pushed or re-re-raised preflop) and QQ or even some other set on this board that i dislike to risk whole stack on on just TP.

With your play you played as you have QQ, i doubt he would bluffed without this same hand.

What i think you should have done differently is larger re-raise and larger bet on flop. This way you would get to some 2-2.5 $ raise which would need for him to put 8-10$ to induce bluff and i doubt he would be that brave without QQ so you would have easier decision.

i would also like to hear from experts on this.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Well there isn't much I can say, if you really believe he wouldn't play Qx- like that you're ahead of nothing, since I very much doubt he's bluffing, so trust your guts.

Just make sure you think HE can't play it like that, not project on him the fact that you never would. If he's a tag regular it's a fair assumption, if he's some random fish that obviously doesn't care about the depth of your stacks and doesn't understand relative hand values, it's a lot more sketchy.

Hope it helps.