[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Qq

• RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q (Comment)
      CO calls $0,10, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,70, CO folds, BU calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,55) 5, T, A (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $0,90, BU calls $0,90.

Turn: ($3,35) 5 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $1,50, BU calls $1,50.

River: ($6,35) 3 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,00, Hero calls $3,00.

Should i have just folded the River?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would usually check the turn. Betting doesn't really make sense. Possible villain holdings might be: Ax, Tx, pair, float.

Ax: We want to check/fold.
      Tx, pair: We want 2 streets of value. But he most likely isn't calling if we bet again, so check and bet the river. Or sometimes he will bet turn and check behind the river. Same thing.
      Float: We want to check/call.

So turn check/call vs check/fold is mainly going to depend on how fit-or-fold villain is. I'm not really sure what my default is here. Your representing a lot of strength and the flop hits your range decently, so his flop call might be stronger than usual. Or he might not even be thinking about stuff like that. Highly villain dependant and def a hard spot. If in doubt, I guess fold is better (calling is a huge mistake vs incorrectly perceived loose range, but folding is a relatively smaller mistake vs incorrectly perceived tight range).

River as played is a fold. Don't think he is calling twice and betting river with worse than Ax.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hi,

I would usually check the turn. Betting doesn't really make sense. Possible villain holdings might be: Ax, Tx, pair, float.

Ax: We want to check/fold.
      Tx, pair: We want 2 streets of value. But he most likely isn't calling if we bet again, so check and bet the river. Or sometimes he will bet turn and check behind the river. Same thing.
      Float: We want to check/call.

So turn check/call vs check/fold is mainly going to depend on how fit-or-fold villain is. I'm not really sure what my default is here. Your representing a lot of strength and the flop hits your range decently, so his flop call might be stronger than usual. Or he might not even be thinking about stuff like that. Highly villain dependant and def a hard spot. If in doubt, I guess fold is better (calling is a huge mistake vs incorrectly perceived loose range, but folding is a relatively smaller mistake vs incorrectly perceived tight range).

River as played is a fold. Don't think he is calling twice and betting river with worse than Ax.
      This.

The reason why johnbeattie85 and most other good players don't have a default option on the turn is because they never need it, when they get to the turn against villain they've usually already picked up something on how he plays/behaves that lead them to tip the balance one way or another. You've seen him bet when checked to quite a bit or not, he looks overall aggressive-bluff-a-lot or passive-won't-fold-Tx-ever, he snap-called the flop or he thought about it, he looks like a recreational player or a reg because of his stack size/auto-rebuy/nickname/country/whatever.

On that particular card I would probably just check/fold if I had to choose, really bad players won't often show up with a complete float that they'll bet at you and they might have some 5x as well.

Hope it helps.