This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 SH BSS set against check/reraise

• degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $24,14
      Hero:
      $30,48
      BB:
      $22,85

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2:spade: , 2:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $1,00, BU folds, Hero calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,00) K:club: , 2:club: , 8:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $1,50, Hero raises to $4,50, BB raises to $10,00, CO folds, Hero raises to $29,48 (All-In), BB raises to $21,85 (All-In).

Turn: ($55,83) 7:spade:
      River: ($55,83) 4:spade:

Final Pot: $55,83

Don't know how should I react for such action, seemed like set of 8s to me but I decided to put money in anyway because of the flush possibility. what to think of this? how about if it was a dry board?
  • 3 replies
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Did you have any readings on him? Ok that he could be on 88 , (7.5:1 chances) but he could also be on 2pair or even top pair. I would have bet like you did. Cant fold a set on a random board like that.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi degnic!

You cannot fold your set here. It is correct to move all-in on this flop.
      But please don't slowplay on this board. The preflopraiser could check behind on the flop and if another :club: comes up on the turn you don't know if you have the best hand. So I would bet right away on the flop.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      original raiser was very aggressive so I was pretty sure I wouldn't miss the raise part on the flop. Other villain was unknown, thought a fold for a second because check/reraise seemed like very very strong hand (bit hard to believe in 2 pairs) but decided to move AI anyway and see the 88 if he really has it.