This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Qq

• AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      Hi,

Too weak?
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.78
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $5.44
      SB (Hero):
      $5.00
      BB:
      $2.13

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      MP3 posts deadblind, MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 checks, CO folds, BU calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.8) J, 4, T (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.57, MP3 calls $0.57, BU calls $0.57.

Turn: ($2.51) T (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $1.79, Hero folds, MP3 folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.51.
  • 3 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      The trouble is he could make this bet with a J. In a 3bet pot it is hard not to go broke on nl4. The only way a tight player could have called a 3bet preflop and have you beat is if he was setmining. If he calls a raise with AT, he also can have AJ which is more likely. The problem is he didn't raise the flop which makes a J less likely. Still I think on this limit I go broke and pray he does not have a ten. He will call with a J the same as a T probably.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      The trouble is he could make this bet with a J. In a 3bet pot it is hard not to go broke on nl4.
      mm I dont think you know what a 3bet is.

About the hand:

I like raising around $0,3 because we are OOP.

Flop looks very safe. I like your bet there.

I really don't like your turn play. You should bet for value once again. They won't be having too often a T, but you will get value from Jx hands, and from some draws, and some weird hands that a regular NL4 player calls down with.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by kymupa
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      The trouble is he could make this bet with a J. In a 3bet pot it is hard not to go broke on nl4.
      mm I dont think you know what a 3bet is.

About the hand:

I like raising around $0,3 because we are OOP.

Flop looks very safe. I like your bet there.

I really don't like your turn play. You should bet for value once again. They won't be having too often a T, but you will get value from Jx hands, and from some draws, and some weird hands that a regular NL4 player calls down with.
      This ;)

For the 3-bet thing: Bet vs Raise vs 3bet/4bet/5bet/6bet

Hope it helps.