$17.30
      MP3:
      $11.10
      CO:
      $9.85
      BU (Hero):
      $13.35

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, T.
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 3, T, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.90, MP3 calls $0.70.

Turn: ($3.05) 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB calls $2.00, MP3 folds.

River: ($7.05) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $5.00, Hero ???.

Final Pot: $17.05.

His rather big bet on river got me in doubt. There is still such a large range of hands that beat me. 11/9/0.6 on 48hands
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I like raising preflop to isolate you with MP3. You have the button and a very good hand that can hit quite good without being suspected.

Flop raise is fine.

On the turn I think you should bet more - around $3.

On the river with no information about him like betting with missed draws you can fold. This looks very suspicious and most of the time its a slowplayed monster. There aren't too much 7's in his range - maybe 7dxd, or 78, but there are hands like 33, 99, TT, QJ that beat you. Know the decision is: do you think that he will check preflop with hands like QJ or TT or 99. If the answer is no you can call, but if it is yes you have to fold there.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by kymupa
      I like raising preflop to isolate you with MP3. You have the button and a very good hand that can hit quite good without being suspected.

Flop raise is fine.

On the turn I think you should bet more - around $3.

On the river with no information about him like betting with missed draws you can fold. This looks very suspicious and most of the time its a slowplayed monster. There aren't too much 7's in his range - maybe 7dxd, or 78, but there are hands like 33, 99, TT, QJ that beat you. Know the decision is: do you think that he will check preflop with hands like QJ or TT or 99. If the answer is no you can call, but if it is yes you have to fold there.
      Sounds good.

On the river that guy is never valuebetting $5 with worse than T9 on that board, and given the presence of the MP3 fish it makes it more likely for BB to have slowplayed something big given his position. I don't see him bluff too much there either after you bet two streets but it could happen sometimes. I'm still folding most of the time but if you think the board would scare him enough to only bet 7x for value at that point and he could sometimes bluff diamonds, I think it's a fine call given the odds.

Hope it helps.