$4.97
      CO (Hero):
      $5.15
      BU:
      $10.93
      SB:
      $5.11

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BU folds, SB calls $0.10, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.28) 7, Q, 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.28) A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

River: ($0.52) K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.58, Hero raises to $1.16, SB raises to $4.87, Hero calls $3.71.

Final Pot: $10.26.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi,

Flop: I would probably bet the flop. I can see arguments for checking, since board is fairly dry and you block top pair. But I think people at these limits will be calling way to much, so don't want to miss value.

Turn: At this point you have to raise. The point of checking the flop was to induce something, or let villian catch up. So he is either folding a bluff, calling Ax or draws. Not raising is missing lots of value. If he still has nothing at this point, there aren't a lot of river cards that can improve his hand but still give you the best hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hi,

Flop: I would probably bet the flop. I can see arguments for checking, since board is fairly dry and you block top pair. But I think people at these limits will be calling way to much, so don't want to miss value.

Turn: At this point you have to raise. The point of checking the flop was to induce something, or let villian catch up. So he is either folding a bluff, calling Ax or draws. Not raising is missing lots of value. If he still has nothing at this point, there aren't a lot of river cards that can improve his hand but still give you the best hand.
      You can go either way on the flop depending on how villain plays, if he's always calling c-bets there is no reason not to do it, if he's rather fit-or-fold but can become aggressive once you show weakness it's probably better to check it back.

I agree with johnbeattie85 on the turn play, barring a cooler the only way you build a big pot at this point is by raising the turn. Villain will be scared of the A if he doesn't have it, but if he has it he's never folding it.

As played the river is fine, we can't take out lower sets and two pairs from that guy's range, if he hit his gutshot so be it :/

Hope it helps.