[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Ak

• ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Villian is unknown to me. I was wondering if calling with AK when i got re-raised to $1.40 is correct play? Should i have folded AK pre-flop? Had a moment of doubt on the flop wondering if my TPTK was good against his hand (like what hands i can beat, i can beat all hands except pocket Q's, pocket A's or AQ). Once i bet on the flop and got called and A came on turn, i felt like i had to go for this hand cause i had trip aces but QQ or AQ can still beat my hand.... i don't think he would have called with pocket K's on flop cause any Ax hands can beat him. Would someone re-raise pre-flop with AJ or weaker? I don't think anyone would do that.... Any advice would be great.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Known players:
      BB:
      $11.06
      UTG2:
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $10.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $11.03
      MP3:
      $7.55
      CO:
      $10.45
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $1.90

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.40, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.95) 3, Q, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.10, CO calls $2.10.

Turn: ($7.15) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.10, CO raises to $6.95, Hero calls $1.85.

River: ($21.05) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.05.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces(As Kh).

CO shows a full-house, queens full of aces(Qc Qh).

CO wins with a full-house, queens full of aces(Qc Qh).
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Tags likely won't ever raise AJ in that spot, I doubt they even raise AQ. Of course if he's a fish he could have anything, but his stack size / raise size so far look correct. That said it's very read dependent, maybe that guy is just surfing the wave and 3-betting light in position all day long, or maybe he's never 3-betting unless he has KK+. You know best. Since it's full ring and considering the positions, I think it's probably better to just fold instead of committing a stack just to see if he really has us beat.

Once you call and flop TPTK you're better off checking, it's a way ahead / way behind spot against most people. KK/JJ/TT won't pay off more than 1 one bet, AQ/QQ/AA have you smoked. Just checking with the plan of unhappily calling down and valuebetting on later streets if he checks back is better.

Hope it helps.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Yea, it probably would have been better to fold cause most times i'm probably beat anyways. I hate calling AK pre-flop cause its only a drawing hand. On the flop, i had an urge to check cause i was unsure where i was in the hand and like you said QQ or AA has me beat and at these limits i just think that most players would not re-raise pre-flop without a big hand like QQ+... Like i said, i had my doubts about this hand and had this feeling i was beat pre-flop/on the flop, i think i should have trusted my instincts and folded pre-flop/on the flop.