This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Ak

• ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Villian is unknown to me. I was wondering if calling with AK when i got re-raised to $1.40 is correct play? Should i have folded AK pre-flop? Had a moment of doubt on the flop wondering if my TPTK was good against his hand (like what hands i can beat, i can beat all hands except pocket Q's, pocket A's or AQ). Once i bet on the flop and got called and A came on turn, i felt like i had to go for this hand cause i had trip aces but QQ or AQ can still beat my hand.... i don't think he would have called with pocket K's on flop cause any Ax hands can beat him. Would someone re-raise pre-flop with AJ or weaker? I don't think anyone would do that.... Any advice would be great.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Known players:
      BB:
      $11.06
      UTG2:
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $10.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $11.03
      MP3:
      $7.55
      CO:
      $10.45
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $1.90

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.40, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.95) 3, Q, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.10, CO calls $2.10.

Turn: ($7.15) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.10, CO raises to $6.95, Hero calls $1.85.

River: ($21.05) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.05.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces(As Kh).

CO shows a full-house, queens full of aces(Qc Qh).

CO wins with a full-house, queens full of aces(Qc Qh).
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Tags likely won't ever raise AJ in that spot, I doubt they even raise AQ. Of course if he's a fish he could have anything, but his stack size / raise size so far look correct. That said it's very read dependent, maybe that guy is just surfing the wave and 3-betting light in position all day long, or maybe he's never 3-betting unless he has KK+. You know best. Since it's full ring and considering the positions, I think it's probably better to just fold instead of committing a stack just to see if he really has us beat.

Once you call and flop TPTK you're better off checking, it's a way ahead / way behind spot against most people. KK/JJ/TT won't pay off more than 1 one bet, AQ/QQ/AA have you smoked. Just checking with the plan of unhappily calling down and valuebetting on later streets if he checks back is better.

Hope it helps.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Yea, it probably would have been better to fold cause most times i'm probably beat anyways. I hate calling AK pre-flop cause its only a drawing hand. On the flop, i had an urge to check cause i was unsure where i was in the hand and like you said QQ or AA has me beat and at these limits i just think that most players would not re-raise pre-flop without a big hand like QQ+... Like i said, i had my doubts about this hand and had this feeling i was beat pre-flop/on the flop, i think i should have trusted my instincts and folded pre-flop/on the flop.