$6.02
      BB:
      $3.85
      UTG1:
      $4.15
      UTG2:
      $4.90

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, MP2 calls $0.35, 2 folds, BU calls $0.35, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.2) 2, K, 9 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP2 calls $0.70, BU folds.

Turn: ($2.6) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, MP2 calls $1.60.

River: ($5.8) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $5.38, Hero calls $5.38.

Final Pot: $16.56.

could i have check/raise the turn to test for strength? or could my check on the river be considered a bluff induce? would he have AI anything worse than my TPTK?
  • 3 replies
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      Hi,.

I would b/f 3 river.

As played, I fold.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      against unknown, i would C/C turn, and block bet fold to raise on river
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd bet bigger on the flop against a fish, lots of gutshots/flushdraws/Kx/9x he could call two streets with.

Turn is fine in my opinion if you don't know anything about your opponent, you'll often be worse off against his turn betting range than against his turn calling range unless he's an aggro monkey. If you ever check/raise that turn it has to be for value, like you think he will bet/call when checked to with Kx or a worse 1 card flushdraw, you can't check/raise/fold "for information" given these stack sizes (it's almost never a good line anyway).

River is a tough spot against total unknowns since some of them will bet Kx even tho there are possible flushes out there, some will even turn some 9xYs hands into a bluff without really understanding what they're doing, while others will always check back anything but a flush and you'll get owned by check/calling. I think the most likely scenario is that you're beat if you've never him him be aggressive before, if he usually bets a lot or you've seen him bluff a lot check/calling is fine.

Hope it helps.