$1.42
      MP1:
      $5.04
      MP2:
      $6.09
      MP3:
      $2.67

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) 7, 2, K (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.37) A (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.00, MP1 calls $1.00.

River: ($3.37) 4 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.37.

Is there value in betting the river? What worse hand could call me? I was worried about slowplayed set or busted flush draw. He could also have worse Ace or King.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

The simplest explanation for this hand is this: this player who limp/called preflop and check/called twice postflop is exactly what he looks to be, a loose passive calling station. He could have a whole bunch of Kx hands as well as randomly floated A-high hands with or without the heart draw, and chances are if he had something really strong he would have raised somewhere along the way or donked out on the flop, as bad players like to do.

There is a very good chance you're still ahead and that you will get called, so don't be scared and just bet it when in doubt. I'd go for something between $1.5 and $2 just so we don't scare away his Kx hands, if he shoves we're calling since he could still think something like A7 is the nuts in that spot, sets are hard to get and we're getting good odds.

Hope it helps.
    • Magijec
      Magijec
      Bronze
      Thanks. Btw he had TT, which supports the theory about loose passive calling station.