[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AQ 3bet pot

• Huseens
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , A:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0,12, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,36, CO calls $0,24.

Flop: ($0,74) 2:club: , 5:spade: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,36, CO calls $0,36.

Turn: ($1,46) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,04, CO raises to $2,08, Hero calls $1,04.

River: ($5,62) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $5,62

I should have bet more on the flop, what to do on turn and river? Imo in his calling range should be hands like KQ,QJ so I call on turn.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think the flop bet is fine, you likely won't get him to fold any pair on that flop, he might not even fold overcards. We're just betting because well, we don't want to check/call and we could be best, also we likely have overcard outs on later streets even if he calls the flop. Making the bet bigger won't change much and it will leave us with less room to maneuver on later streets.

I'm very tempted to just shove the turn for value considering it's likely he has something like QsXs in that spot, bad players tend to make that turn raise a lot with combodraws and slowplay their monsters to the end instead these days when they have position. Might be pushing it since we're drawing dead when we're wrong tho, so calling is fine. If you really think he does that with QJ/KQ, just shove the turn and take your chances.

Hope it helps.